Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dark Peaks- Route(s) recommendations
  • hora
    Free Member

Circa 20miles really with some good technical bits (well stuff to scare myself on!)

snowslave

Edale, up Chapel Gate, Roych Clough, Coldwell Clough, Shooting Cabin, Lantern Pike, Chinley Churn, Peep O Day, Coldwell Clough again, Jacobs Ladder, back to Edale.

That’s got a few technical bits….

hora
    Free Member

Sits up in chair, where can I find the directions for that route? 😀

Si
    Free Member

Chapel Gate down has a whole world more…

nbt

@snowslave: that’s a 3 day ride for Hora

@HOra: buy the v-graphics dark peak book or search for “hope figure of 8” on the t’interweb and work it out from there

snowslave

I’ll show you on a map. It’s pretty easy from a navigational perspective.

You can split that into 2 or even 3 rides no probs, depending on how far/fast you want to ride

hora
    Free Member

nbt – ta. Ive got the white peaks and find that easy to follow so will do 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

loads more routes to choose from, as said above get a book and/or a map – I live close, just don’t be seduced by the obvious routes, there are some real gems if you study the OS map.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks guys 🙂

snowslave, spoke to another lad and he said rider that the other way round?

Start at hayfield, do roych clough, rushup edge, round mam tor to hollins cross, head down towards nether clough, turn left to edale, up jacobs ladder, down halfway and do a right on bridleway round broad clough and then down to kinder reservoir, up white brow to the shooting cabins and back to hayfield or if want more then do lantern pike to birch vale, up to hills farm, peep o day and finish off with coldwell clough and the bridleway running to the south of river running into hayfield.

snowslave

Either works, and will be a big ride out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dark Peaks- Route(s) recommendations’ is closed to new replies.