Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Daren't go back into mrsfry's fear of holes thread!
  • vickypea
    Free Member

I want to read the other posts but I daren’t because I hate the first photo so much!
    Please no one reply with more photos!

jekkyl

Do not back onto that thread, there are videos linked now you do not want to witness.

mrsfry
    Free Member

@vickypea I am so sorry i ever created that thread. OMG i will never sleep again 😳

fasthaggis

Pic removed – Ed
    🙂

dumbbot
    Free Member

I got scared by the first picture, and I’m not going back…

dumbbot
    Free Member

Arrgh..You bellend..stop it.

mrsfry
    Free Member

fasthaggis You are a very naughty chap 🙁

Northwind

I’m OK with that particular pic- well not OK but not terrible. But some similiar pics I can’t even type about without feeling a bit ill, I need to sort of sidle around the idea and not let my brain visualise it because if I do, I’ll regret it. Really weird! I’ve got a couple of normal-person phobias too but it’s not like that, it’s more like it shortcircuits the brain.

Sort of cool too I suppose. I’d like to learn more about it but I can’t because all the articles on it, have pictures to demonstrate 😆 And even reading about it gets the chills going. Some really 3rd rate wiring going on in this noggin.

And no, not going near that other thread! PS, posting that pic in this thread is a full on dick move imo.

AdamW
    Free Member

Can’t go back into the thread. Feeling sick and it triggers other images I’ve seen as I end up thinking about it.

Agree with northwind/MrsFry fasthaggis. Sorry, I’ve reported the post, hopefully just to delete the photo.

vickypea
    Free Member

It’s ok mrsfry, you weren’t to know! 🙂
    But fasthaggis that was a cheap trick.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Take my advice and never read Stephen King’s ‘I am the Doorway’.

The story relates a crippled former astronaut’s account of the terrifying change he undergoes after being exposed to an extraterrestrial mutagen during a space mission to Venus (similar to the canceled Manned Venus Flyby, but using a “Saturn 16” rocket). Arthur, the narrator, begins the story with his hands bandaged, and complains of terrible itching both after the mission and currently. The change takes the form of numerous tiny eyeballs that break out on his fingertips. These eyeballs act as the titular “doorway” for an alien species, allowing them to see into our world; only the eyeballs are imperfect windows, and distort everything that the aliens see into horrifying monstrosities which, Arthur perceives, they fear and hate intensely.

Soon, the alien presence is not only able to see through this doorway, but take control of Arthur’s shattered body, using him to commit terrible murders. In a desperate attempt to maintain his humanity, Arthur douses his hands in kerosene and sets them on fire, only to find out that once the doorway has opened, it cannot be so easily closed. He manages to make the alien presence go away for nearly seven years. But after the eyes reappear on Arthur’s chest, he reveals that he plans to kill himself with a shotgun to prevent the alien being from committing any more atrocities.

Nighty night. Sleep well.

fasthaggis

Sorry, I genuinely didn’t think people were so sensitive about stuff like that. Every day’s a school day and all that.

john_drummer
    Free Member

You lot are weird. It’s a seed pod, nothing more sinister than that.

Having said that, Mrs_d didn’t like it either. Strange

joshvegas
    Free Member

The video in the pther thread… didn’t even manage two seconds before i had to switch it off

mrsfry
    Free Member

I wont have one of those sea sponges in my home. God knows why people send them as gifts. There still alive 😯

(Thank goodness that pic has gone. Once again, i am so sorry)

beefheart
    Free Member

Quick, somebody post a picture of some nice holes.

vickypea
    Free Member

Jekkyl- Thanks for the warning about the video in the other thread!

I started this thread because it was only on STW last year that I realised my strong dislike of certain holes was a ‘thing’ so it’s interesting that other people feel the same. I can’t explain it, and can’t explain why I am fine with honeycomb and crumpets! And sponges. 😀

bigbloke
    Free Member

I haven’t looked at the other thread but if it’s anything to do with the photoshopped lotus seed thing then I won’t and can’t. A year or so ago I came across the pics as a hoax skin disorder thing. I stupidly looked at more pics the same, it drove me nuts literally. I couldn’t stop seeing the images in my head all day long they would just keep popping up in my brain. It was making me hugely aggressive and angry towards the images and just wanted to rip the pods out of the skin in the images.

I really thought I had issues but I Google it some more and came across the phobia related to this. I also had to switch images in my head whenever I thought of the offending images. I substituted a hillside with wild flowers blowing in a breeze, it worked after a while and now I am fine with no popping up of the pod images. I still can’t or won’t look at them though. I know I sound like a header believe me I thought I was.

Northwind

Aye, exactly the same for me. Suppressed memories of alien abduction, I reckon. Check for pinkeye.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was just a seed pod though..

Looked fine to me.

Clearly some of you haven’t ever seen maggots growing on the back of a sheep..

Or

Or ringworm coming out of a sheeps stomach/underbelly..

Or…

😆

stumpy01

^^^^ don’t watch that video. It’s grim.

stumpy01

bikebouy – Member

It was just a seed pod though..

Looked fine to me.

Person unaffected by this ‘phobia’ in ‘it didn’t affect me’ shocker!!!

Last year I cleared up a bird in the garden that the cat had killed. Must have been there for a few days & the maggots feeding on it were proper disgusting…..hurl, retch etc…..!

Northwind

bikebouy – Member

Or
    Or ringworm coming out of a sheeps stomach/underbelly..

Nah, it’s a different thing. I mean, it’s not nice obviously but it doesn’t necessarily trigger the same response. (probably some people would be set off by it in the same way, I don’t know, but not everyone. Same thing with wasps nests, that can trigger people with this phobia but I think they’re pretty beautiful.

Don’t know why. I think with me stuff bothers me less if it’s obviously unpleasant, or logically unpleasant might be a better way to put it. Getting squicked out by stuff that objectively you know isn’t that squicky, is sort of doubly unpleasant.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I’m not squeamish either, it’s just those bloody images that finish me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Clearly I don’t suffer that phobia.

But it is just Nature.

I recommend when you are out, check out a flock of sheep on a ride one day, go seek out the one thats shaking..or shuddering.. High probability it’ll be riddled with maggots on it’s back, whilst the sheep is alive.. and they’re chomping through the skin to emerge as flies.

That may cure you of your phobia, it may bring another on 😆

But it is just Nature..

Northwind

Do you listen to anything anyone else says?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Do you listen to anything anyone else says?

Don’t worry, Northwind. The feeling is reciprocated and I never listen to anything he says anymore.

vickypea
    Free Member

Bigbloke- I like your tip of switching images in your mind.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Daren't go back into mrsfry's fear of holes thread!’ is closed to new replies.