Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • DannyBGoode…i doff my cap to you sir!!
  • gonzy
    Free Member

a nice positive story from my recent experience surrounding the theft of my bike…
    a few weeks ago some thieving scumbags broke into my shed and stole my DH bike…
    after reporting it to the police i contacted the insurance company to inform them and to put a claim in…to my displeasure they informed me that as the bike was in the shed it would only be covered up to £2k and not £3k as they had led me to believe when i took out the cover…
    the bike cost me £3.5k and had been independently valued to that amount should it need to be replaced in such a circumstance…but i was prepared to accept a loss of £500 in any such claim as the £3k cover was included in the standard contents cover at no extra cost
    naively i nearly accepted this and had mentioned this on another thread on STW when Danny spotted it and gave me some advice…after asking for some further information about how i got the insurance cover and looking at the insurance documents he seemed to think that i may have been mis-sold the insurance…
    Danny then went out of his way to draft a letter of complaint where i stated that i had not been informed of the limited cover on sheds and therefore the cover was not adequate for my needs and had been mis-sold to me and that i wanted the full payout up to the max of £3k…he even threatened to take it to the FOS if they would not resolve the matter to my satisfaction…
    after the letter was sent and a few more calls to chase everything up they called me yesterday having listened to the original call from nearly 2 years ago and admitted that the agent had not mentioned anything about the reduced cover on sheds and had actually misinformed me about the £3k limit on unspecified high risk items as it should not have included bikes…
    but anyway to cut this long story short they admitted they were at fault and have agreed to pay a further £1600 on top of the £2k they had already agreed upon but only £2k would show on the claim itself…
    what a result!! and it was all down to the advice and efforts of DannyBGoode!!
    insurance company – 0, customer – 1
    so i have to say a massive thanks to Danny for his help in this and i hope that this demonstrates that anyone who is claiming a stolen bike off their insurance should check that it was sold correctly and that the cover is adequate…and that it can be challenged successfully if thats the case…

so Danny here’s to you…

now what bike should i go for……

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Well done Danny, or is it Dom…?????

Great result btw.

AlexSimon

Excellent story. Given me a nice warm glow.
    Well done both!

dannybgoode

You’re most welcome Gonzy.

Its a great result and shows you don’t have to always just take what your offered initially.

Cheers

Danny B

gonzy
    Free Member

Danny – i’m waiting for confirmation dates from the rest of my guys on the Cannock Chase ride….its going to be June…any particular Sunday in June that’s not good for you?

stevied
    Free Member

Result 🙂

jamj1974

Great work Danny! Good result OP!

DezB
    Free Member

STW to the rescue again. Great stuff. It’s not all bell-ends and pointless tits 🙂 (is there such a thing as pointless tits?) ahem

BoardinBob

Underwriters FTW 8)

racefaceec90

nice one 😀

globalti
    Free Member

Nice to read about an insurance company getting their come-uppance instead of shafting their customer.

edd

Fantastic work dannybgoode.

benslow
    Free Member

Result !

listened to the original call from nearly 2 years ago

Do they really keep that info ?

grum
    Free Member

Good work – great story! STW can be amazing sometimes – I got to see Rage in Hyde Park last year or whenever it was thanks to someone on here donating me some spare tickets.

gonzy
    Free Member

Do they really keep that info ?

looks like they do….by the way the insurer was Halifax home insurance..

donks
    Free Member

Good work indeed

I made a claim around Christmas when mine were nicked and was told that I was only insured to £300 !!! I queried and was told by two different operatives that this was the case, I was settling the pathetic claim amount when the operative (a different guy this time) checked the details and informed me that the others had used the bike taken when not on the premises rule and in fact I was due for full bike value £2000… He was a legend that day.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DannyBGoode…i doff my cap to you sir!!’ is closed to new replies.