Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Danny Madskills on Dave now
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

Making of Imaginate

jonnyrockymountain

Quality!!!!

rob1984p
    Free Member

Nice one!

rob1984p
    Free Member

Nice one!

Drac

Dave seems broken for me on Sky.

simonjj
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for the reminder.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Ooof! Tank fall cringe

pnik

Dave ja vu saves the day.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Loved it. How’s he not broken!

JEngledow
    Free Member

That’s just made the man-crush is even stronger 😳

neninja
    Free Member

My wife has no interest in stuff to do with bikes usually but really enjoyed watching it. Fair play to him – some of those falls were brutal.

b45her
    Free Member

am i the only one that finds his vids a bit samey, much prefer chris akrigg’s films myself.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

am i the only one that finds his vids a bit samey,

Yeah I think you are.

Lifer
    Free Member

No, not at all b45her.

I can see he’s good, it just doesn’t engage me like Akrigg’s stuff.

rob1984p
    Free Member

am i the only one that finds his vids a bit samey, much prefer chris akrigg’s films myself.

I don’t find his vids samey and think he’s an undeniably massive talent but I did recoil a bit when one of the guys interviewed / presenting said that it shows him as the best at what he does in the world. Especially given what Akrigg and Ashton have done recently.

Macavity
    Free Member

Macavity
    Free Member

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Personally I wasn’t that keen on the concept of Imaginate, prefer the edgey style of Akriggs films but it’s still amazing and fun to watch.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Especially given what Akrigg and Ashton have done recently.

Errrrr, you might want to check what Ashton’s done recently.

Danny is probably the best at what he does, which is video friendly trials whilst smiling out of a red bull piss pot and wearing brightly coloured T-shirt.

No idea if he rides competitions, hes probably not the best at that if he does or he probably would, but those guys probably aren’t as good at doing tricks for the camera.

Macavity
    Free Member

Lifer
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    No idea if he rides competitions, hes probably not the best at that if he does or he probably would, but those guys probably aren’t as good at doing tricks for the camera

Akrigg’s 6 times British Trials Champ…

Macavity
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Akrigg’s 6 times British Trials Champ…

Precisely, he can ride up/down/over a slippy rock, telegraph pole and an old cable drum consistently without putting a foot down. Which is different.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Precisely, he can ride up/down/over a slippy rock, telegraph pole and an old cable drum consistently without putting a foot down. Which is different.

Not sure whether you appreciate how human they all are. Akrigg goes thru just as many takes of each shot to achieve the final crisp heavily edited production.
    If you’re on facebook, this is several attempts to get just one few seconds segment of his most recent vid. Every draw dropping stunt from any of them will have been attempted several times to get that perfect shot/segment.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=563929430343553&set=vb.295953167141182&type=2&theater

Northwind

I think probably Macaskill is the best at what he does- by which I don’t mean riding bikes, but making videos that knock lots of people out- and not just riders. Akrigg is phenomenal, I’d rather watch most of his but you wouldn’t get my mum and dad watching it.

Macavity
    Free Member

your mum and dad would like more sensible stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHT8rs2AZ0

Danny Macaskill explaining what he does
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyrZLixuCU

rob1984p
    Free Member

Errrrr, you might want to check what Ashton’s done recently.

If you mean his accident at the MotoGP then that’s incredibly sad and I was aware of it. I was more referring to his superb riding up until that point; road bike party which certainly reminded me why I enjoyed watching hte Martins in the nineties.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don’t think of Danny M and Chris Akrigg as doing the same sort of thing really. I think I’m usually keener to see Akrigg’s new videos when they appear but not much in it.
    Sounds a bit pompous but maybe Akrigg’s stuff is better appreciated by riders while Macaskill’s appeals to everybody? That’s not to knock him though, he’s awesome and always seems like a really nice bloke to boot.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Danny Madskills on Dave now’ is closed to new replies.