Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Danny MacAskill's Imaginate
  • fasthaggis

Most excellent ..

Balance ball to railway line 😯

The outtake of him getting it wrong on the tank barrel ….Ouccccchhh

Coyote
    Free Member

Oh my days. That is breathtaking!

tomhoward

No wonder the Red Bull F1 team has be so good recently, they’ve been making models of this years car since 1987!

geoffj

Very very good!

leffeboy

and for those with a bit more time this afternoon, here is some behind the scenes stuff as well

http://imaginate.redbull.com/

cracks open a leffe…

mikey74
    Free Member

It was OK. I preferred the last Chris Akrigg film, to be honest.

The bits with the balance ball were amazing, but everything else been done before in other videos by him.

Amazing riding, amazing rider. This just left me a bit cold.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Excellent. Loved the idea and the filming and riding are both excellent. Even the out takes at the end are excellent (ouch!).

My two tiny nitpicks have been mentioned above; The scaling of the objects makes it hard to tell how big the tricks are and the inclusion of a modern f1 car in an 80s themed video.

trevron73
    Free Member

Mikey 74 and Skilwill .unless you can crack out anything at all reaching the talent of that video -hang your head in shame -Chris Akrigg rides awesome stuff ,but this video take the skill to an all new level,sitting judging a breathtaking and brave video when you clearly have no comprehension of the skill level involved by ,rider , director , set builders and hopefully trained paramedics is wrong – stick to wheel size debates and hopefully the mods will block you for 24 hours for your cheek.

geoffj

trevron73 – Member
    Mikey 74 and Skilwill .unless you can crack out anything at all reaching the talent of that video -hang your head in shame -Chris Akrigg rides awesome stuff ,but this video take the skill to an all new level,sitting judging a breathtaking and brave video when you clearly have no comprehension of the skill level involved by ,rider , director , set builders and hopefully trained paramedics is wrong – stick to wheel size debates and hopefully the mods will block you for 24 hours for your cheek.

POSTED 23 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Easy tiger 😯

mikey74
    Free Member

Ahhh yes, this is STW? I forgot you’re not allowed your own opinion on here.

Did I criticise the riding anywhere? I thought I clearly said I thought the riding was amazing and he’s an amazing rider – otherworldly, even – but I just felt it was his usual stuff (with the exception of the aforementioned ball tricks) all dressed up in a fancy production. I preferred it when he was riding around scrapheaps and real railway lines.

Ban me? Fine, I really couldn’t give a c**p.

tomhoward

Need a hug, sport?

STATO
    Free Member

I thought it was good, the precision, interaction with moving objects etc.

But it was billed as something huge, something never seen before. I think other than the bouncy ball (amazing btw!) everything was similar to what he has shown before? flares, skinnys, jumping between skinnys etc. Im not saying it was poor in any way, all super high skill level as youd expect from Danny, but the advertising had me expecting a blockbuster?

cazum
    Free Member

what else can be done that hasn’t????

amazing video he just gets better and better

vondally
    Free Member

wonderful vide made me smile and grin, but as above preferred
    street stuff of Danny which is still truly jaw dropping followed
    Chris Askiggs last video cheeky charming witty insane and comprehendible in terms of scale, the style of the imaginate video was too corporate/amy pond waiting for the raggedy man.

better sound track synchronicity 2 the police…something rises from a Scottish loch…..

stato agree with points made but isn’t that marketing for yer?

mike88
    Free Member

Needs to sort out his brake hoses though! 😯

Other than that its a 10!

MoreCashThanDash

That was superb!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Front flip to swiss ball to railway track – that bit was just outstanding. Incredible bits of skill and vision there.

b45her
    Free Member

am i the only one that found it a bit underwhelming after the 40 minutes of boring build up videos?

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

Just Awesome 😆

STATO
    Free Member

am i the only one that found it a bit underwhelming after the 40 minutes of boring build up videos?

I think thats my point, we know how amazing Danny is so the idea of him being allowed/able to pull off stunts he could previously only dream of sounds like it would be utterly insane! Sadly reallity is he was/is at the cutting edge of what is do-able so we have already seen things that have shocked us in amazement, so this doesnt so much step above his previous but does still confirms his status as amazing.

As vondally said, marketing tricks spoil it, when they really were not needed.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

a bit underwhelming after the 40 minutes of boring build up videos

simple, don’t watch the build-up videos. i didn’t, and I thought it was amazing.

If you’re going to nit-pick about the car,, then surely he should have been on a Raleigh Mustang?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Wow! – That is frickin awesome! 😀

portlyone

I’ve done several of those stunts.

Mainly the ones during the credits though…

Awesome stuff.

bigdean

That double flare on to the railway platform is INSANE!

Zach Shaw did one of the first in 93

mikey74
    Free Member

I think other than the bouncy ball (amazing btw!) everything was similar to what he has shown before? flares, skinnys, jumping between skinnys etc. Im not saying it was poor in any way, all super high skill level as youd expect from Danny, but the advertising had me expecting a blockbuster?

That’s pretty much my point, although it wasn’t the marketing that led me to believe it would be something new, it was my belief that Danny is an amazing rider.

In the end, it’s mostly the same again dressed up in a shiny lustre. Still, amazing riding, though.

roverpig

I liked the use of moving objects for some of the tricks. Landing on things that aren’t fixed or stable adds a little extra something, but mostly it was the use of bike stunts to tell a story that I thought moved it above the usual “look at all these awesome tricks I can do”. I hope he continues to develop that side of his craft.

It almost made me feel guilty about buying supermarket own brand fizzy sugar water at 30p a tin instead of buying the identical stuff in a Red Bull tin for £1.20.

ads678

These type of videos usually bore me a bit, but that just amazing.

How is the ball to railway line possible, that is just unbelievable balance.

Us brits are dead good at bikes aren’t we 😀

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I think it loses something because of the difficulty to work out scale- before knickers get twisted its amazing skills and all that but I prefer real stuff ( like the stuff you see mountain biking!)

Madfly
    Free Member

I thought the ball to line trick was the one that really stood out, allthough he did just mention on PB it took almost 300 takes…

Amazing skill and determination!

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Flip to ball to railway…..amazing

Double flare to platform…. Brilliant

Top work

badbob
    Free Member

guess the reason we saw all the “marketing” is due to Redbull, paying for it all?

repeating some old tricks and new ones, but in a new idea, and a rather good one

as for taking many takes to do some , its probably harder then it looks 😉

senorj

crikey moses !
    amazing.

AlexSimon

Madfly – Member

I thought the ball to line trick was the one that really stood out, allthough he did just mention on PB it took almost 300 takes…

Amazing skill and determination!
    I was just thinking that “if I had 300 tries, I could do that”, but then of course, I don’t bother to try (or have the ability to pull of most of the more extreme stuff with 1000 takes).

Markie
    Free Member

Incredible…

stanfree
    Free Member

Great video , good to see him back at his best. Not knocking Danny at all but as someone else said I had preferred watching the Chriss Akrigg video’s more.
    Amazing video though and he’s a nice guy.

somouk
    Free Member

A big step away from his more natural style of making a film but still shows off an amazing skill set in an imaginative way. Really good to watch!

I wonder how many non biking people will watch that as opposed to his original vids? I think that was a good chunk of Red Bulls marketing money that will be seen as well spent.

cookies

I watched the film – which was just creative and shows what can be done with imagination and a blank canvas + an amazing talent…
    Then I watched the making of bits… My favourite bit was the Guy Martin and Danny bromance…

gonzy
    Free Member

absolutely awesome stuff!!!

kimbers

bonkers have to show this to my son later!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Danny MacAskill's Imaginate’ is closed to new replies.