Danny Hart’s POV run from Snowshoe…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Danny Hart’s POV run from Snowshoe…
  • eddiebaby

Epic, can’t believe there hasn’t been more talk about the weekend’s racing.

Premier Icon riklegge
    Subscriber

It was an incredible run, in fact the whole race was excellent, a really fantastic end to the season.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Cheers for that, love the races in North America cause the timing is so good for watching all evening after a days riding!

Stoked for Danny that it clicked for this race and love seeing a new course. Glad Loic won overall too

Unreal!
    The speed he rides through the rocky rooty sections is amazing.
    I can’t ride that fast on the flat.

eddiebaby

I love the RedBull coverage of Loic and Amaury together. Danny’s split times come up, Loic now has an extra rider between of him and Amaury so has lost the overall. Amaury consoles Loic, then Danny turns it up, goes green and Loic is back on top of the overall and Amaury has two consecutive weekend’s of disappointment.
    And Minnaar was Mr Consistent again.
    An amazing end to a great season.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

Was a cracking finish to a great season. First time I’ve watched every race in a year aswell. Tip top.

Was great to see Danny get his win been coming for him. Some going to beat Pierron in full flow!

Good to see Seagrave and Nicole back aswell, be interesting to see how a season on top does to the confidence of Hannah and Cabirou next year, when those 2 and Rachel are back to full flow! The wee look they gave each other when Cabirou finished her run was interesting I thought. Add in Holl and the womens is looking very competitive next year I think.

Hard line next week I think, but looking forward to next year already!

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Just an epic ride. So stoked for Danny and just amazing to watch Pierron and Bruni in their battle. Amazing.

Cabirou stomped the women’s. She’s rad.

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

mmm, that’s the first time a pov hasn’t really done it for me.  There was something about the smoothness that didn’t capture how insane the run looked when he made it.  It was worth it though to see everyone coming and congratulating him for the win though as the cameras cut way to quickly to Bruni for my liking on the live feed

MarkBrewer

An amazing end to a great season

The last 2 weekends have probably been the best racing for a few years, just when you think somebody’s put down a winning run (Brosnan last week & Pierron this week) somebody takes it to another level.

Hopefully next year all the riders will be back to full fitness and we’ll see a massive battle between Hart, Bruni, Pierron, Gwin, Brosnan, Minaar etc

The womens will be interesting but I still think a fully fit Rachel Atherton can put seconds into any of the other riders!

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

O.K. stats nerds

When’s the last time a British rider won a senior men’s world cup on a British designed bike?

Steve Peat on an orange in 2005?

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

The womens will be interesting but I still think a fully fit Rachel Atherton can put seconds into any of the other riders!

I think Cabirou will defo be a challenge for her when she returns.

stanfree

Just caught up on Wyn Tv , Dialled and Cathro . What a final 2 races between the worlds and Snowshoe. Bruni sitting watching with his goggles on thinking he had lost it before Blenki tells him otherwise. Well chuffed for Hart though felt a bit sorry he didnt get to celebrate like a normal win. Minaars slide into the press , Amaurys near perfect run and Jean Gerard costume. Best year Ive watched ever , was gutted for Troy but on a local level pleased for Gregg Williamson for a top 10 . Next year with Rachel back and Valli in the seniors the womens will be competitve though know one could deny Pompon her worlds victory.

tails

I think Holl could get the odd win as surely she’s not been going full flat out out as she’s that far ahead. Who does she race for? Even Hannah was plodding down to get the overall win, she must have much more in her, but yeah a fit each has to be favourite.

Would love to see brosnan get a title, to good to be an also ran. Pierson is a great character, just wants to go fast.

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

O.K. stats nerds

When’s the last time a British rider won a senior men’s world cup on a British designed bike?

Steve Peat on an orange in 2005?

Rachel Atherton on an Atherton in 2019!

stanfree

^^^^^^ Mmmm , Rachel dosent own a cock though Eh.?

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

She does have a farm….

I must be turning gender neutral in my old age. Read it and missed the men’s bit.

Carry on…

Gilles

I wish they can do a split screen video with Pierron on one side and Danny on the other, and see how it goes. Danny was 1 s behind then catch up amazingly.

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

Gilles – my thoughts exactly!

Premier Icon oikeith
    Subscriber

Next year with Rachel back and Valli in the seniors the womens will be competitve though know one could deny Pompon her worlds victory.

Sure I heard Valli sayin her WynTV interview she isnt doing all the round next year as doing a-levels, will be tough to compete when not racing all the rounds I think.

You can see in Danny POV when he crosses the line Loic jump up and Armoury stoop over the redbull bin, unbelievable!

Yeah, would be interested in the comparison. Such different riders, Danny being so small and Pierron being tall and built like a tank.

the00

Pierron made a mistake on the lower section, which is why Danny could be quicker. Listen to his interview with Cathro, he describes how he slipped out, unclipped, foot down and slowed down. That was just before long straight and sprint. You can see from the footage a small slip as he shoots off-screen, then struggles on the sprint after. At that level it’s amazing he still got 2nd. Just goes to show how pinned he is in the top of the track.

100mph

#downhillsnotdead

Now that makes a far more exciting olympic discipline than xc or skateboarding!!

andykirk

100mph you obviously cannot skateboard

Such a good race! I did suspect that if Danny won it then Loic would still take the overall and was surprised that Rob and Claudio hadn’t twigged there were three possible outcomes (Danny win + Loic overall; Danny 2nd/3rd + Amaury overall; Danny 4th or worse + Loic overall) until he was halfway down the track.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

Aye, but in fairness, tbh I think everybody just expected Pierron to win the race.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Really hoping he can carry this form and confidence into next season.

Need him up there dukign it out with Loic, Amaury & Troy for the overall.

Expect Troy to be a touch faster when he sorts out his 29 front setup.

Yes Cabirou and Holl will be the ones to watch alongside Myriam, Tahnee & Rach next year. Could the women’s end up even more open than the men’s in terms of wins/overall?

tomparkin

Yes Cabirou and Holl will be the ones to watch alongside Myriam, Tahnee & Rach next year. Could the women’s end up even more open than the men’s in terms of wins/overall?

It will be interesting next year I think, so long as riders are fit to ride come the start of the season.

And what about Nina Hoffman? Surely she’ll be on a team next year — and a bit of extra support might see her even more competitive.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

The Hoff! Yes she was looking like a real threat too, though not quite at the level of Holl & Cabirou.

And if Holl is still growing then she could end up wiping the floor with the rest of the women for the next decade (once her exams are finished obvs).

eddiebaby

I’m really hoping VAlli Holl has a sort of chilled year next season. She has a lot on her plate plus her school stuff. I’d hate to see her get destroyed by all of us expecting too much.

cyclelife

^^^^^^ Mmmm , Rachel dosent own a cock though Eh

Yes she does – Gee.

chiefgrooveguru

Such a good race! I did suspect that if Danny won it then Loic would still take the overall and was surprised that Rob and Claudio hadn’t twigged there were three possible outcomes (Danny win + Loic overall; Danny 2nd/3rd + Amaury overall; Danny 4th or worse + Loic overall) until he was halfway down the track.

Hart was a fraction behind Pierron after two splits though, and Pierron had done so well lower down that it seemed unlikely that Hart would be faster. They just misjudged how brilliant he was going to be.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.