Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 340 total)
  • Danny Hart ..where next
  • chrismac

suggested that Oranges do this on another thread a while ago and I was quickly informed that I was full of shit or couldn’t ride a bike properly, or both, by about a dozen Orange owners. I didn’t mention that I’d owned 3 of them myself and had just borrowed the current model Five for a weekend.

me too. Haven’t dared own a single pivot design since as I don’t know if that’s intrinsic to all single pivots or just oranges

moonsaballoon

I dont think Danny is the sort to back off but it cant be an environment that is going to get the best out of him at the moment although on results alone at the moment Saracen look to of made a pretty good decision .

chakaping
    Free Member

One of their employees used to race DH (might still do) and was happily informing people that it performed better with the chain off

My Stage 6 feels amazing with the chain off, I once did an afternoon of chainless runs at Gwydir when I had freehub issues. Definitely felt plusher and less hang-uppy than usual. And it doesn’t hang up on stuff much anyway.

Haven’t tried any other bikes chainless to such an extent, maybe I should though.

I wonder how much the Orange stiffening-under-braking thing would really bother a WC racer, as they’re riding with a level of commitment (and a lack of braking) that the rest of us can only dream of.

sharkattack

I wonder how much the Orange stiffening-under-braking thing would really bother a WC racer, as they’re riding with a level of commitment (and a lack of braking) that the rest of us can only dream of.

True. Lots of riders go incredibly fast on Orange bikes and always have done. The reason we’re talking about it here is because Danny had something engineered to isolate his rear brake from the swingarm on his Saracen so it’s clearly something that he’s given some thought to.

chakaping
    Free Member

But he’s not going to Orange.

He’s going to Cube.

brant
    Free Member

The reason we’re talking about it here is because Danny had something engineered to isolate his rear brake from the swingarm on his Saracen so it’s clearly something that he’s given some thought to.

Well he can unbolt it from his Saracen and bolt it on his orange. The future’s bright.

sharkattack

But he’s not going to Orange.

He’s going to Cube.

Just for the record I’m aware of all the rumours, I just don’t care what he rides next year.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I thought he was stepping back to run a hotel in Walkerburn???

benpinnick

I’d say it’s more likely (and the internets will explode when it happens) that orange is going to announce something like a high pivot enduro bike, they’re due a flirt with something other than single pivots. More likely Danny is off to cube – Phil A seems rejuvenated so maybe theres a change up a gear for cube DH on the horizon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Phil A seems rejuvenated so maybe theres a change up a gear for cube DH on the horizon.

He does seem to have a new lease of life.

They’ve got a new DH bike I believe, which bodes well for Danny next year.

He can stick that floating brake arm on eBay instead.

honourablegeorge

An idler seems like a logical thing for Orange to try, surprised there aren’t some bodged ones about.

mashr

Orange are saying the new bike is the lightest one they’ve ever done, it’s also proper tubes. Don’t think it’s gone to be DH or ENDUROOOO

Edit:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHDPp_Pr3gV/?igshid=956rdrzublsl

snotrag

Kid balance bike is actually a good call, lightweight, and for the future riders!

Top trolling by the PR guys if so too!

sillyoldman

Looks like a balance bike – earlier post showed a head tube in same colour (and poor finish) which looked like a straight inch and an eighth head tube.

In the “future’s bright” post – alluding to kids rather than backing up Danny’s comment.

sharkattack

Why would a balance bike have cable guides?

tomhoward

Why would a balance bike have cable guides?

Rear brake?

chakaping
    Free Member

In the “future’s bright” post – alluding to kids rather than backing up Danny’s comment.

Very likely, I wonder if Orange were even aware of the speculation about Danny.

And Christmas is coming soon.

Danny does have a nipper though…

steelbike
    Free Member

Orange are saying the new bike is the lightest one they’ve ever done,

Which in a sea full of boat anchors is hardly going to be difficult is it , there hasn’t been a light orange since the early 90s

Northwind

TO be fair, Orange have been putting a lot of effort into weight loss recently. And it’s purely coincidental they they keep cracking.

chestrockwell

Dunno, the mid 2000’s E6/8 and 2012 Elite were decent, light XC bikes, as was the Vitamin T re-issue.

Northwind

I think they might plan to declare anything that’s lighter to have just not been a production bike

ceept

Floating brakes on Orange are nothing new. The global team played with them back in the day, mounted behind the BB.

It’s clear in this photo:
    https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb603977/p4pb603977.jpg

Look just behind the chain on this one:
    http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=156012

tomhoward

The future is bright, but it doesn’t involve Danny.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHIE_X8L16p/?igshid=6uk5smwf8ymc

tommyhine

I had a floating brake on my 223 in 2004. that was a heavy beast!

swavis

I wonder if Cove will be on the phone soon 😉

mashr

tomhoward

The future is bright, but it doesn’t involve Danny.

No brake jack though

sillyoldman

Do they want their geometry back?

P-Jay
    Free Member

They don’t make bikes anymore 🙁

razorrazoo

Came here for updates on Danny Hart, found it had now descended into an Orange bashing thread!

teethgrinder

Came here for updates on Danny Hart, found it had now descended into an Orange bashing thread!

Normally this place is an echo chamber, but on this thread it’s the sound of a skeleton **** in a biscuit tin chamber.

razorrazoo

Normally this place is an echo chamber, but on this thread it’s the sound of a skeleton **** in a biscuit tin chamber.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I’ll just pop that one away in the filing cabinet.

Northwind

That is very cute. And it’d probably fit Danny quite nicely.

teethgrinder

So, the same sound my Orange makes then?

ayjaydoubleyou

https://singletrackworld.com/2020/11/saracen-partners-with-antur-stiniog-and-hints-at-new-bikes-to-come/

From the front page – saracen partnering with Antur Stiniog. could the falling out with the Harts be over Descend BP rather than race results?

BoardinBob

From the front page – saracen partnering with Antur Stiniog. could the falling out with the Harts be over Descend BP rather than race results?

More likely a dig after the fact from Saracen

chakaping
    Free Member

Brave of them to expose their bikes to the punishment that place dishes out to bikes.

It’s got nothing to do with Danny though, apart from maybe they wanted a different outlet if they previously had a similar arrangement at Hamsterley.

teethgrinder

Descend were selling off all the Sarcin DH bikes over the last few weeks, possibly even before the news broke (although that could have just signified moving on previous models rather than being dumped)

But…
    The Descend FB page is no more, and Paul Hart’s FB page is no longer there either.

Sponsors should be happy.

BoardinBob

The Descend FB page is no more, and Paul Hart’s FB page is no longer there either.

Never fear, his oxygen thief wife is still churning out covid conspiracy nonsense and anti-vaxx propaganda.

In these dire times it’s only right that we ignore the scientists and follow the advice of a former glamour model.

mashr

Descend were selling off all the Sarcin DH bikes over the last few weeks,

Sounds like standard end of year selling off of a hire fleet?

ayjaydoubleyou

https://www.descendbikepark.com/

Downhill bike hire available at £60 per day.

Requires £100 cash security deposit on the day. Please call to make a booking.

Full face helmets are required. Hire helmets are also available at £10 per day.

Please Note: Cash only as no electronic card payment available on site.

Currently you can still hire a saracen bike there (I guess once lockdown is over) for cash only. Avoiding giving saracen their cut of rental money? Or was it always a cash only site?

mashr

Avoiding giving saracen their cut of rental money?

Doubtful. The bikes are likely already paid for, the shop will then sell them for trade at the end of the year. Rental costs (minus maintenance) are profit. The Saracen/Madison support is probably just a deal on what they’ve had to pay when they got the bikes

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 340 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart ..where next’ is closed to new replies.