Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Danny Hart ..where next
  • Premier Icon scruff
    Free Member

French are dominant but Matt Walker & Recce will have put a rocket up some other GB riders butts, the Irish lad whose name I won’t try to spell, when might he go up to elite?

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

Finn Illes is another future winner. So much talent he just needs to figure out his race runs. All the young lads go through it. It took Bruni, Hart, Ratboy, Brosnan, Greenland ages to go from raw speed and fastest qualifiers to actually winning. Shaw will work it out eventually.

Gwin and Pierron are the only people that have gone on a crazy winning streak without a long, frustrating build up.

Premier Icon alpin

I’ve read the last few pages hoping that PH was going to turn up to defend himself and his son.

Disappointed.

I agree with some comments. Danny is a hard sell for the social media side of things. He doesn’t come across as having much charisma. His dry sense of humour doesn’t always click.

Never met him nor his old man, but was intrigued by previous comments and had a look at his old man’s fb. Yeah. Not the kinda bloke you want to sit next to at the bar.

Premier Icon nickc

Finn Illes is another future winner.

He’s great to watch on race day, love his “win at all costs or crash and burn” style

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

I’ve read the last few pages hoping that PH was going to turn up to defend himself and his son.

That would be gold.

Premier Icon P-Jay

Why would Santa cruz get rid of Loris, surely Luca’s their weakest rider.

I believe SC when they say they work on individual goals for individual riders. If Luca isn’t a winner at the moment that doesn’t mean they’ll want rid of him.

I doubt Loris has been given his marching orders, but I’d have guessed he’d want to join a team with his mate Bruni.

If he does go though, SC will want a Big Name rider. Minnaar will always be a contender but he’s going to retire soon, and Luca isn’t quite there yet.

Premier Icon tomhoward

That would be gold.

If only there were a place we could bring this thread to his attention…

Premier Icon chakaping

Loris has been given his marching orders, but I’d have guessed he’d want to join a team with his mate Bruni.

He’s stated previously that he didn’t want to be on the same team as loic any more, iirc.

Wanted to move out of his shadow.

Premier Icon tails
    Free Member

Just having a look on Instagram Danny has 210k followers which compares favourably with far more charismatic riders such Bryceland, Barelli and Pierron. The only riders who seem to have a much bigger following are Bruni, Gwin and Macaskill, the later having a bigger following than pinkbike.

Danny also owns a bike Park, the lads not remotely gonna be out of work. Nor should he be, he’s a world class athlete. In fact I’m sure a remember Brycelsnd getting criticised for giving up racing to concentrate on social and now we have the opposite.

Who’s gonna win tomorrow? I’m hoping for Daprela who was good to watch on redbull tv

Premier Icon dissonance

In fact I’m sure a remember Brycelsnd getting criticised for giving up racing to concentrate on social and now we have the opposite.

I dont think it is criticism as such but just an acknowledge that being a superb rider isnt necessarily enough in this day and age.

Premier Icon moonsaballoon

Loris to Trek is a funny one for me as I thought that Trek had all bases covered with their current team . Even before world champs Wilson was a young rider with good prospects , Harrison is getting podiums and is American which might matter to an American brand and kade Edwards is just an unbelievably talented rider who could be at a world cup one week and rampage the next . It’s true that as fans we see the syndicate as a team you wouldn’t want to leave but I suppose you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors.

I could see Danny at cube though , new bike for them and he’s going to get you a couple of podiums at least , they’ve had a team for a few years now without a regular podium contender so they might see it as time to throw a bit of money at it .

Mountain biking is funny like that , in football there are very few surprises when it comes to transfers but all this stuff seems pretty secretive .

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

A few years back there was an article on PB about a guy who was racing all the world cups as a privateer; said it cost about £10k all in I think.
    Danny seems to be about the simple life, with his camper van and doesn’t seem to have the anal set up requirements of Minaar or the need to bring 4 complete bikes with him like Gwin – so I could see him being self funded (with some minor sponsors helping out too) as a way to promote the Hart/Descend BP brand.

Premier Icon dair86
    Free Member

Simple life is all well and good, but I suspect wife and kid means he might be looking for a bit more than just paying his travel and race fee’s

Premier Icon mashr

promote the Hart/Descend BP brand.

To an international audience? It’s a small hill in England, doesn’t really need the exposure of Whistler or the PdS

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

To an international audience? It’s a small hill in England, doesn’t really need the exposure of Whistler or the PdS

True, nobody is making an international pilgrimage To it, but promoting it to the UK audience means getting yourself on red bull TV, which for Danny means winning or at least podiuming World Cup races. One photo in an article about the BDS isn’t going to cut it.

Premier Icon chakaping

I doubt it’ll be the “Danny Hart’s Descend Bike Park Hamsterley powered by Cube” team.

It’ll be interesting to see if he can give Cube bikes a bit more street cred though. Saracen were already on the way up again when he joined, but you still don’t see many on the trails.

Premier Icon tomhoward

Seems whoever is running the bike park FB page want to pour petrol on any currently burning bridges…

Great result today Danny despite all the negative rubbish the Madison team and especially management have thrown at you.

Premier Icon tomhoward

And now a grown up has deleted it.

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.