Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Danny does Adidas…
  • matt_outandabout

Trimix
    Free Member

Subtle.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Did anyone see Rim of the World on Netflix? Some kind of post apocalyptic Stand by Me.

The Adidas product placement was absolutely ridiculous. As in, beyond satire

jonjones262
    Free Member

1st Danny Mc vid I’ve turned off….

ADIDASSHIRT!!!!

jam-bo

But the RedBull helmet is ok?

leffeboy

the placement is ok, it just lacks the thread that normally seems to tie his stuff together

funkmasterp

That was decent. Man has to get paid for what he does.

Houns

Didn’t even notice it (or the Adidas in the video title)

Sandwich

The usual good riding, but welcome to the family. He’s been wearing 5.10 forever and they are part of Adidas, already in “The Family”?

ta11pau1

The usual good riding, but welcome to the family. He’s been wearing 5.10 forever and they are part of Adidas, already in “The Family”?

“Danny MacAskill x adidas Outdoor: Welcome to the Family” announces my new partnership with adidas Outdoor after having been partnered with Five Ten for almost a decade.

Adidas own Five-ten (have done since 2011) but I’m guessing his partnership was with five ten, not the parent company. Now that Adidas are branching out into oudoor clothing they’re given him a bigger partnership.

No different to someone being sponsored by Rockshox, and then being sponsered by SRAM.

Northwind

It’s not supposed to be subtle, this is a “Danny is now sponsored by us” video, it’s literally just an advert- they’re not trying to tuck it into a normal vid like in most videos (like the totally gratuitous shot of him wearing a digdeep tshirt and drinking red bull in Way Back Home, or whatever)

Sponsorship is what lets him spend his life dicking about on a bike and means we get more excellent vids, it’s no sin.

breadcrumb

Adidas is another iconic brand. It’s not a bad sponsor to land really is it!?

tomaso
    Free Member

Does that mean he is no longer sponsored by Endura?

itlab
    Free Member

Looks like he’s still on endura just not as much kit as before (and replacing poc as a helmet sponsor)

danny_macaskill
    I want to say a massive thanks to @enduraofficial for keeping me clothed in their awesome no nonsense riding kit the last few years!! Although I’m moving on clothing wise I’m stoked to still be on the team riding their brilliant helmets gloves and protection!! Cheers #endura #clothing #scotland

BearBack
    Free Member

Does he walk about in 5.10s or his Continental black chilli soled adidas runners?

senorj

I’ll bet endura are gutted.
    His next vid must feature run DMC! If only they could clear/afford “it’s tricky”.

kerley
    Free Member

I found it pretty dull with no new things and was just a repeat of stuff he has done before but in a more boring way. I did buy some Continental tyres afterwards though…

jimmy

I saw the thread title and thought “at what point does Danny just get a bit samey and boring?” but he never fails to have at least one “WTF?!” moment in every video and leave me smiling with the thought that maybe it’s not too late to start learning a bit of trials. Can but dream.

tonyg2003

I thought it was OK. Not one of his best but no problem with him having sponsors or advertising for him – that’s probably how he makes most of his income.

The forward roll over the bridge made it worthwhile watching!

tetrode
    Free Member

Adidas is another iconic brand. It’s not a bad sponsor to land really is it!?

It’s not a bad sponsor at all. They do great workout/active wear. Best MTB shoes I’ve had are their Terrex Trail Cross ones, they’re great.

mactheknife

As Northwood says. It’s a welcome to Adidas video. And as much as it was obvious I liked the fact it wasn’t rammed down your throat. Maybe it’s when I see the Atherton’s drinking redbull 😣 or water out a redbull can in the gym I just cringe a bit. BUT it’s how these guys make a living so who am I to knock it. Also I really like Adidas gym gear. It’s not a bad sponsor in my mind and in sure they are paying him top dolla. Good on him 🤩🤩

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Danny does Adidas…’ is closed to new replies.