Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Danny Boyle's Sunshine, worth watching?
  • scuttler

Dunno what it is about Sunshine but it really disturbs unsettles. Definitely worth watching though.

Lifer
    Free Member

Poor Cassie 😥

Why doesn’t she go into the chamber with him at the end?

roady_tony
    Free Member

i like the film, but there is one point i dont get, why did they send the only scientist who knows bout the bomb and how to detonate it to fix the shieldy bit that broke along with the captain, also a very important part of the film. shouldnt 2 others have gone?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lifer
    Free Member

I think the clue to the weirdness is when they board Icarus I and the photo of the crew (of Icarus I) that are flashed up is almost exactly the same as the ‘team photo’ of the crew of Icarus II.

To me that says they were all starting to fall apart mentally, like the crew of Icarus I did (I don’t think Pinbacker killed them all, some were in the observation deck when Searle is left alone). Searle was obsessed with what he’d seen in the sun when the filter was low. Kaneda had seen the same thing (what Pinbacker refers to as ‘His God’), and even though he’d finished the repair stayed to see the sun in it’s full glory. Hence Searle shouting ‘WHAT DO YOU SEEEEE?’ at him.

Capa went because he wanted to show he wasn’t just along for the ride. And because Mace volunteered him and he didn’t want to lose face.

kevin1911

Like some of the others, I thought it was good for the first 2/3s and awful afterwards. Kept finding lots of holes in the plot and feasibility too.

Lifer
    Free Member

Shoot!

petergee
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it Mounty. A nice way to spend a wet Friday afternoon. I’ll probably have to wait ten years for the kids to grow up before I can do that again. I’ll be sure to give Sunshine another go when I get the time. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Danny Boyle's Sunshine, worth watching?’ is closed to new replies.