Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dangorous Cows! (Daily Mail content)
  • CountZero

As always the comments make me chuckle

They all seemed to be talking common sense, which ones did you have in mind?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Bet you it was immigrant cows, stealing work from hard working british cows.
    Also, thats not a normal dog. It’s a flatcoat retriever, possible the maddest animal ever. 😀

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

When you go into least rated, about sueing farmer etc.

Your right about the ones in the first page.

munrobiker
    Free Member

They all seemed to be talking common sense, which ones did you have in mind?

It’s the first time I’ve ever seen this happen on the mail site.

honeybadgerx

We perhaps need signs every 20m on footpaths by roads telling us that traffic can be dangerous. At the end of the day how far do you take these things?

CountZero

When you go into least rated, about sueing farmer etc.

Ah, right, didn’t get that far. There have been two or three incidents local to me, one, unfortunately, in fields alongside the river that people have accessed for donkey’s years, but where there is no official recognised footpath, just the farmer’s discretion, so difficult to know what to do with situations like that. Sadly, people never seem to take notice of news reports about cows with calves attacking dogs, and blithely wander into fields and end up a casualty.

smiffy

The article seems to have conveniently forgotten the legal and moral duties on someone with a dog. She has not seen or followed the simple guidance issued to walkers in this circumstance which is to let go of the lead and allow the cows to chase the dog. The dog will get away and the human will not be seen as a threat without the dog. Simples. We don’t need a new law for every situation, especially one as stupid as banning livestock from fields when we all want a nice sirloin for the BBQ at the weekend. Users of footpaths have a Duty of Care towards land, fencing, crops, wildlife, machinery and livestock.

wwaswas
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dangorous Cows! (Daily Mail content)’ is closed to new replies.