Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Dance…..do you?
  • binners

It is my life’s biggest regret that I’ve never managed to throw off the self conscious realisation of how stupid I look when dancing.

Nobody cares what you look like though. Very few people look good when dancing. Thats the simple fact of the matter. So why care?

Theres few things more fun than bouncing around like a lunatic with your mates.

I remember seeing a documentary on the whole Madchester thing and one of the guys from 808 State made the observation that ‘Ecstasy can make white men dance’

Well… not strictly true. It just made us think that we could 😀

blokeuptheroad

It’s a hangup Binners, and in my case a fairly deep seated one. It goes along with some other social anixety issues and I’m afraid it’s not as simple as just saying ‘why care’. It’s the way my head is wired, not just a case of cba or don’t fancy it.

I do sort of shuffle about uncomfortably at weddings and such, because it’s expected, but I feel extremely uncomfortable and never enjoy it. Sad? yes it is.

RustySpanner

Someone noted, whimsically, that it would be great to be like that again and just go mental on the dancefloor. 

Yup!

At Festwich yesterday we set up a nice, socially distanced space at the back, sent the son in law off to the drinks queue and went for it.
    Seeing the grandkids and their mates from school dancing and running about like idiots was just amazing.
    So we joined in.
    Wonderful.

pandhandj
    Free Member

just read through this thread. Its made me very happy!!!

thread of the year!

grum
    Free Member

It’s a hangup Binners, and in my case a fairly deep seated one.

As mentioned above, have you ever considered taking ecstasy? Pretty good for throwing off inhibitions (so I’ve heard 🙂 ). I’m only half-joking!

dannybgoode

I thought this was going to be another vax/anti-vax thread for a moment given the title…

Ah well, seeing as it is about dancing. No – I dance like a thunderbird puppet under the control of a completely novice puppeteer but seeing as house music of various genres is all I danced to I figured I had paid my entry fee the same as any other bugger so I could damn well dance how I wanted. And if others got amusement from my terrible moves then they got bonus value…

It’s rare these days for me to go out but when I do I still chuck some poorly coordinated shapes on the dance floor 🙂

blokeuptheroad

As mentioned above, have you ever considered taking ecstasy? Pretty good for throwing off inhibitions (so I’ve heard 🙂 ). I’m only half-joking!

🙂 I’m 57 years old, I may have missed that particular boat! Maybe the next family wedding I go to, I’ll pop a few before I get in the middle of the dancing toddlers and maiden aunts and ‘give it large’. What could possibly wrong? 😆

Cougar

Why I mean it’s a shithole but its a great boozer?

£££ I expect. I’ve no idea. There’s always the Salisbury, for now.

You ever go the Napier in Blackburn

Many, many times. Even back before the brewery decided to make downstairs ‘respectable.’

That’s the wrong question, though. I don’t know how old you are, did you ever go in the Vulcan?

sadexpunk

Still a pogoing punk at heart though.

same. at 56 im quite happy to stand a bit further back now and take it all in a bit more for some bands, but when you get that feeling, you just got to get in that mosh!

latest band has been Idles, every time ive seen them ive had to join in, you just cant stand back and watch them bad boys. first time i saw them was with some workmates. id only heard one single, didnt even know what they looked like and thought itd make a good night out at rock city for us all, but as the others arent really gig-goers, plus they dont really do punky music, we stood and watched. for half a song….. 😆
    few years ago got slung out of an Enemy gig for crowdsurfing. its yer actual elf and sayftee innit, whats the world coming to! i knew they were slinging people out for it tho so waited til the last encore before getting the obliging leg up.

apart from that its just yer regular ‘dad dancing’ at weddings etc 😀

johnx2
    Free Member

Dance…..do you?

You askin’?

I like a dance. I think I look great.

Bunnyhop

Oh yes.
    I don’t care if anyone is watching either.
    In the kitchen, in the shower, on the piste, on the trails, in the sea, in the garden, in my workroom.
    Dancing needs to be put on prescription.
    Any body movement to music is stress busting, joy making and exercise.

Cougar

Nobody cares what you look like though.

Truth.

I wish I’d had this epiphany aged ~15. I was so scared and so paranoid about hitting the dancefloor, it never occurred to me that everyone else was too busy thinking the same thing to care what you were doing. See also, “girls.”

A few years on I realised, no-one cared, and have since had a wild old time over the years bouncing up and down. (See also…)

dyna-ti

Dance the mating dance ?. Never needed to, and the fact is i cant. Too self conscious.

fasthaggis

Oh yes.
    I don’t care if anyone is watching either.
    In the kitchen, in the shower, on the piste, on the trails, in the sea, in the garden, in my workroom.
    Dancing needs to be put on prescription.
    Any body movement to music is stress busting, joy making and exercise.

All of that ^^ Never stop dancing,even if it’s only in your head 😉 🙂 🙂

verses

You dancing?

You asking?

I’m asking!

I’m dancing!

A lass once leaned over to me in a nightclub, from the next table and said “You dancing?”. I replied “You asking?” – perhaps a little too eagerly. She said “No, I just wondered if you’d keep an eye on my coat”.

Obviously none of my mates relentlessly took the piss about that one…

birky
    Free Member

blokeuptheroad
    It’s a hangup Binners, and in my case a fairly deep seated one. It goes along with some other social anixety issues and I’m afraid it’s not as simple as just saying ‘why care’. It’s the way my head is wired, not just a case of cba or don’t fancy it.

Very much the same here

Cougar

A lass once leaned over to me in a nightclub, from the next table and said “You dancing?”. I replied “You asking?” – perhaps a little too eagerly. She said “No, I just wondered if you’d keep an eye on my coat”.

A really hot “totally out of my league” lass once approached me on the dancefloor in Jilly’s, seemingly took a shine to me, we moshed for a bit, then she leaned over and asked “do you have a girlfriend?”

Completely misreading the situation I went “yes, I’ll go and get her” and then was astonished that she’d left when we got back.

duncancallum

@cougar no

I’m 38 and I grew up near liverpool… only been this way over 17yrs

However I bet a pound to a peice of shit you’ll have been in there with mates of mine….

Cougar

😂

Ask them about the Vulcan. It’s the stuff of legends. When it was torn down the sign was acquired by the Napier, it was on the wall upstairs for some time.

I could tell a few stories, and I’d likely barely be scratching the surface.

DezB
    Free Member

(Warning: disturbing content)
    I just remembered an embarrassing situation at a gig… It was a mini-festival at Somerset House in that shitty ol London place. I was dancing to Wiley and this girl started frottaging me. Like, seriously. I must’ve been dancin so arousingly that she couldn’t keep off me. Only thing was, this was 2018 and I was about 54. She was about 17. Lordy it was flattering, but I had to speak nicely to the child and sneak off to another part of the dancing area. Once I could walk properly.

vickypea
    Free Member

I used to go to Jillys too!

I like a good dance: mosh pit, salsa, belly dancing 😊

teethgrinder

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dance…..do you?’ is closed to new replies.