Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Dance…..do you?
  • RustySpanner

For me, everything.

Started with rock at Jilly’s, then reggae at the PSV, Binners at the Hac (turning the water off?!?)

Chair, Konspiracy and most of all, The Thunderdome on Oldham Road.

2am.

Keep The Faith.

Dance like your life depends on it.

Caher

Used to lots when I was a cheesy quaver.

Cougar

Jilly’s?

You hear they’re shutting the Grand Central?

ads678

No idea what you’re talking about, but I love a good dance!!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room

Advice I live by. I love to dance and find it very therapeutic.

jamj1974

I loved dancing. It is life!

dero
    Free Member

48 years and counting.

Joyful

grum
    Free Member

Normally lots, recently not so much 🙁

thelawman

In nearly 59 years, nope, not once. I’m faaaaaar too self conscious. And presumably a bit weird.

jekkyl

People tend to forget…. Dancing makes you feel good!

DezB
    Free Member

At gigs… If it moves me yes! Memorable was an And Yet It Moves gig in a Brighton pub, where everyone was crammed to the front of the stage, leaving the whole rear area of the pub free. I was a whirling dervish. That space was MINE baby 😀 Love it.
    IDLES gig a couple of years ago, I even moshed for the first time in 30+ years. I was in that pit.
    Next day had my TIA, but it was worth it, maaan. 😆

grum
    Free Member

In nearly 59 years, nope, not once.

This makes me sad!

mogrim

People tend to forget…. Dancing makes you feel good!

Bustin’ makes me feel good.

And to the original question: yes, but badly. I’m particularly shameless after a beer or two, at which point I’ll decide I can even dance salsa or whatever 😀

fadda

Nowhere near enough. I’m very self conscious, and rarely get carried away enough to ACTUALLY MOVE!

And then, when I do, I love it, so thanks for the reminder, I’m going to find an excuse soon…

brads
    Free Member

As often as my aching bones allow , including a northern soul session in the middle of inners campsite the other weekend.
    Passers by were bemused.
    I can’t do drops etc now but bloody hell I used to be a great soul dancer.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

You dancing?

You asking?

I’m asking!

I’m dancing!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I sometimes move my body when music is playing. Whether it can be classified as dancing is questionable.

slowoldman

Only Morris.

NJA

Whenever I can, which normally ends up as 3 or 4 times a year at parties.

I think I am pretty good for 57, my wife tends to leave the room when I start. The youngsters seem to love it though.

Dance like nobody is watching.

spacemonkey

Yes, when clubbing back in the 90s and 00s. Haven’t done so since a stag party in 2004-ish.

It would take a lot of alcohol to get me going but, but once I was on the floor or in amongst the throng then there was no stopping me. I can still do some of the moves now and would probably go for it in the right environment. That said, I don’t drink anymore so perhaps I wouldn’t.

Edukator
    Free Member

Yup, years of rock and roll in a club, and any dance that’s in fassion. Still a pogoing punk at heart though. I find it hard to play guitar sitting down. so much easier to get into the grove if you can move.

CountZero

I’ve been known to bounce up and down in an enthusiastic fashion at gigs, but these days my knees really aren’t even up to doing that.
    But I’ll still be right at the front if at all possible. Be interesting to see what Bob Mould at The Thekla will be like next year.

alpin
    Free Member

Not sure, looking back, if you’d call it dancing, but in the late 90’s, early 2000’s I was moving my body in rhythmically with the help of various substances. Mostly in London and mostly in clubs that no longer exist.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Like a ninja…. much to the disgust of my other half.

petefromearth

I’ve sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit

alpin
    Free Member

Having said that, I do often groove about the workshop or in my underpants at home depending on the music.

twistedpencil

In public, not for ages, Orbital gig on the day Leeds Urban bike park opened IIRC, that was a good day 😀

Since then, pretty much most days in the kitchen when making food, I was out cleaning bikes and dancing to Into the Dragon this afternoon.  Beat Dis 🤣

TheDTs
    Free Member

Nearly got into a fight at a Stones gig at Millennium Stadium for dancing. Two miserable **** behind took exception to it. What’s that all about? They wanted to sit and take video on their phones I think.
    Can doctors prescribe dancing? They should.

RustySpanner

Bad news Cougs, loved that place, last went just before lockdown.
    It will be missed.

Just back from an all day Festival in beautiful downtown Prestwich, hence the post last night.
    Bit nervous re Covid etc, but decided to risk it.

Yes, there was a little light frugging, but I think I got away with it.

blokeuptheroad

Another far too uncoordinated and self conscious to dance. I really wish I wasn’t.

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes, but I dance like Elaine Benes. I’ll have a little bop along to the wireless if something good*’s on.

* which could well be Something Good by Utah Saints.

kayak23

Only in front of the dog to wind him up.

DrJ

I can’t do that. Even when there is actually nobody watching.

DezB
    Free Member

Nearly got into a fight at a Stones gig at Millennium Stadium for dancing. Two miserable **** behind took exception to it. What’s that all about?

Ah man! Gawd knows what some people think they’re doing at gigs! I was with a woman once (met via a gig buddies online thing) and a bunch of girls in front were dancing – she leant forward and told them off. I was out of there (once the band had finished!). Bizarre.

blokeuptheroad

DrJ
    Free Member

I can’t do that. Even when there is actually nobody watching.

I feel your pain.

nbt

Whereever, whenever. Rock, 80s/90s dance, disco, cheesy wedding music, northern soul…

recently (well, 2 years ago) took up ballroom and latin with Mrs NBT, that’s really enjoyable

binners

Abso-bloody-lutely this.

We were at a wedding do on Saturday night. The kids were all going bananas on the dance floor. Someone noted, whimsically, that it would be great to be like that again and just go mental on the dancefloor. Mrs Binners interjected that there was absolutely no reason why we couldn’t, so we all did.

It was ace! We all realised just how much we’d missed it 😀

duncancallum

@cougar no way! Why I mean it’s a shithole but its a great boozer?

You ever go the Napier in Blackburn

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Another far too uncoordinated and self conscious to dance. I really wish I wasn’t.

This. It is my life’s biggest regret that I’ve never managed to throw off the self conscious realisation of how stupid I look when dancing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dance…..do you?’ is closed to new replies.