Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Damn you STW. Talk about autosuggestion
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Yesterday I had to take my car for some new tyres. To pass the time while I waited, I walked into town and bought Singletrack with its feature on photos of crashes. All very amusing.

So today I get my weekend ride in. First corner on the first little bit of downhill trail and bang! Down and eating dirt. The first proper crash I’ve had in ages. I have had a few in recent times, but they have all been of the ‘oh shit’ followed by an attempted save, followed by an anticipated landing type. Not today, though. Stuffed it into the turn and the front end disappeared. A quick roll and slide through the undergrowth later and I found, happily, that I was fine. A cut lip from a bramble in the face, a bash on the bone on the inside of my ankle and a scrape on the back of my upper arm the only damage. Carried on the ride in mince-mode.

A lucky escape as had there been any rocks/logs/branches in the undergrowth I would have hit them at a good pace. Others might blame sheer user error, but I know it was as a result of STW’s Ipcress File project.

jimmy

Good point. Had my first crash in a while about two weeks ago, which was roughly when STmag was delivered. Was still aching last week as well, the trails were “too dry”.

40mpg

Hmm, me too. Tried to wheely my road bike up the high street of a town in France last week. Straight off the back, very sore coxics still today. Definitely some STW voodoo, not the wheat beer and Calvados, oh no.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

wheat beer and Calvados

… quite clearly saved you from a more serious injury

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Damn you STW. Talk about autosuggestion’ is closed to new replies.