Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Damn shin splints
  • brooess
    Free Member

Just getting back into regular exercise after 2 years off with a broken collarbone. Have now had the plate out, but because the bone is weak until the screwholes toughen up, I can’t ride my bike until May in case I fall off.

In the meantime, to work on my fitness, I’m getting on the home trainer and running and I’ve gone and got a nasty shin splint in my left leg. I used to run a lot and cured shin splints before by getting decent shoes, Superfeet insoles and running offroad as much as I could. My current shoes are new and I’m still using the Superfeet. I’m running short runs (20-30 mins) twice a week to try and minimise the load but I’m reluctant to stop completely cos I’ve got a heck of a lot of work to do on my fitness. I’ll be starting swimming again next week as an alternative but are there any other ways to cure shin splints? Oils, rubs or ice packs etc? Very keen to get the fitness back up to scratch so feeling a bit frustrated…

ta

jedi

massage anterior tibialis?

hora
    Free Member

Two years brooess? ****. All the best. I wish I could be of help on the above but healing vibes all the same

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Damn shin splints’ is closed to new replies.