Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Damm it's hot!
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

almost 30 degrees in london village?

pfffft

Always makes me smile hearing britishists talking about the temperature
    We don’t know the meaning of ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ weather in this country

Cougar

Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty.

cupra
    Free Member

15C and pissing down, soggy cycle home, I’ll be thinking of you all with your horrible evil sunshine 🙄

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Got back from Cyprus at 4am this morning where its properly hot !!!
    was pleasantly surprised by the English weather when we landed, airport temp gauge was reading 18 degrees !

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite like it when it’s blazing hot or freakily cold it’s more of a challenge…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

We don’t know the meaning of ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ weather in this country

We do however know the meaning of very changeable weather within a short space of time though. Couple of days ago it was wet, chilly and miserable. Now, it’s lovely and warm. Takes a bit of adjustment. Give it a few days of this, and we’ll all be better adjusted to it and it won’t feel quite as extreme.

Just one weekend ago, I was lying in a tent somewhere in Herefordshire I think it was, fully clothed, in a sleeping bayg, feeling cold. Last night I slept naked without any covers. Big change in a small space of time.

Having visited both Bangladesh and Norway, I understand we do tend to somewhat exaggerate the extremes of temperature we get in Britain, I agree.

molgrips
    Free Member

The main feature of our weather is unpredictability at any time of year.

Even our changeability isn’t impressive compared to some places.

Spearfish [South Dakota] holds the world record for the fastest temperature change. On January 22, 1943 at about 7:30 a.m. MST, the temperature in Spearfish was -20°C. The chinook wind picked up speed rapidly, and two minutes later the temperature was +7°C

Can’t imagine that. You’d be walking along all wrapped up in puffer jackets and then ‘aargh christ I’m boiling!’ stripping off like a mad thing.

GrahamS

Been pretty humid and muggy all day here.
    But it just broke big-style and now we’re:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o018byLnMFM[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It hit 38ºC in Croydon earlier. Didn’t really feel like it though…….must’ve been the gentle breeze.

rOcKeTdOg

[Quote]Why is it I can cope quite fine with 39’C in Italy or France, yet 29’C in England is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE?! [/quote]

Courtesy of Mr M Cavendish

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Damm it's hot!’ is closed to new replies.