Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Damm Emmigrants
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Edric64
    Free Member

I remember talking to a bigot in a pub a few years ago who ranted about kin immigrants and those kin Poles coming over here and how he was pissed off with the country ,foriegners taking the jobs etc .Next thing he says he wants to go to Spain and open a bar. The irony of this was totally lost on him …..!!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Published by TUC so it must be true.

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not that I normally believe everything the TUC says but it’s probably close….

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

not that I normally believe everything the TUC says but it’s probably close….

It must be true then … 😆

Mackem

..but I doubt many of them are living on state benefits. Which is what a lot of people complain about. Actually, how many UK immigrants live on benefits? Is that a Daily Mail myth?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

For some reason the TV was on ITV last night while we waited for Indiana Jones to start.

It was hilarious, they actually had reporters at the airports at both ends waiting to report on the “wave of migrants”. They managed to catch one slightly confused/hungover looking bloke who had just got off the plane.

Moses

I guess that in Waily Mail world, all immigrants are either living on benefits or taking our jobs.

I suppose that Brits abroad are doing the same, when they’re not taking their UK benefits and not contributing to UK society.

chewkw
    Free Member

Everyone is coming back to the motherland to roost … 😆

mogrim

..but I doubt many of them are living on state benefits.

Dunno, there was a fuss a while back here in Spain about elderly Brits using a disproportionate amount of local health care – not exactly living on state benefits, but a similar issue.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My daughter flies back to Bucharest, Romania, to work, this afternoon, to redress the balance.

MSP

Well I wouldn’t want to return to the UK to live on benefits, they are crap compared to what I would get in Germany.

Published by TUC so it must be true.

Maybe you could provide a better source of statistics then. The TUC have nothing to directly gain on this issue other than exposing a big political lie.

turboferret

I wonder how they collect those figures. Am I counted as one of the 32 in India? What criteria do they use to decide whether you are counted?

Cheers, Rich

stewartc
    Free Member

I can believe that 1 in 10 British citizens live abroad (and I am one) as most will not want to relinquish their passports, possibly because either because they are working in Europe where this is not an issue or in countries that allow dual citizenship.

chewkw
    Free Member

MSP – Member

The TUC have nothing to directly gain on this issue other than exposing a big political lie.

That must be true as well. 😆

JEngledow
    Free Member

An old mate of mine married an Austrian girl and moved out there where he lived on the rather generous state benefits* while he learnt the language and tried to find a job!

*He was receiving the equivalent of his previous salary for the first few months!

MSP

That must be true as well

Well maybe you could offer some argument against it, or perhaps you should read the forum rules on trolling.

shermer75
    Free Member

Massive prawns, Stu!!!

wwaswas

I wonder if the number of Scots living in England is going to be an issue for UKIP/Tories/etc if the vote goes for independence?

shermer75
    Free Member

Lies, lies and statistics. The attention grabbing headline numbers are ‘Numbers of British Emigrants’ vs ‘Number of Foreign Workers in England and Wales‘, which is impressively smaller but leaves out Scotland and Northern Ireland so it’s not an accurate comparison. Yuck, did I really just make a point in favour of the scaremongering idiots?!?!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why would they stay in England wwaswas when an independent Scotland will be such a better place to live?

I am glad Keith Vaz was there to welcome our new friends in at the airport yesterday. A noble gesture if him to give up his holiday.

boxelder

None of the ex pats are avoiding tax in UK I’m certain.

psling
    Free Member

MSP – Member 

Maybe you could provide a better source of statistics then. The TUC have nothing to directly gain on this issue other than exposing a big political lie making a political point.

FTFY

As shermer says, statistics can be interpreted to suit anyones politics.
    “Almost 1 in 10 British Citizens live abroad” = More than 9 in 10 British Citizens live in Britain. Same info, different emphasis.

meehaja
    Free Member

My step dad is anti immigration, he lives in france and doesn’t speak french. My mum was recently moaning about not getting the winter fuel allowance as she needs it more than most, what with living in a 500 year old drafty farm house. In france.

Both return to UK when ill for “free health care”

muddy_bum
    Free Member

So 4.2 million foreign nationals in the UK with population 62 million is about 6%
    5.5million British overseas with a global population of 7.2 Billion is less than 0.1%
    ??

konabunny
    Free Member

None of the ex pats are avoiding tax in UK I’m certain.

Bit of a weird statement. If you live and work outside the UK, there’s not much tax to be paid in the UK.

ninfan
    Free Member

Note that says British Citizens

that doesn’t necessarily correlate with emigrants

In fact you don’t need to have ever set foot in Britain to qualify for Citizenship!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Damm Emmigrants

Belgium?

nealglover
    Free Member

So 4.2 million foreign nationals in the UK with population 62 million is about 6%

So about the same percentage as Brits living in Australia then. (5.9% of total population)

5.5million British overseas with a global population of 7.2 Billion is less than 0.1%

Not sure what global population has to do with anything ?

100% of all Nationalities live on Earth.

psling
    Free Member

100% of all Nationalities live on Earth

Space station? 🙂

How long do you need to be ‘resident’ somewhere else to become a statistic?

nealglover
    Free Member

Space station?

Workplace.

Travelling on business.

Still employed in home nation

Etc etc etc 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, I think its fair to say that Australia is swamped with immigrants! 😉

(and New Zealand, The US, Canada…)

nickc

I employ:

2 Romanians
    3 Bulgarians
    4 Spaniards
    1 Lithuanian
    1 Portuguese
    1 Tanzanian

Bloody layabouts the lot of them 🙂

ste_t
    Free Member

I wouldn’t imagine your electoral roll letter being posted to the space station, so probably need an address your postie can get to.

jodafett

For some reason the TV was on ITV last night

The perfect STW post 🙂

muddy_bum
    Free Member

The TUC poster makes the statement:
    “5.5 million British abroad compared to 4.2 million foreign nationals in England and Wales”
    But comparing numbers in this like for like way is not indicative of anything. 4.2 million people in the UK is a significant proportion of the population. 5.5 million Britons outside the UK is a spit in the ocean.

Australia has a large number of British residents due to the history of Australia.

MSP

Well it is comparing migration inwards with migration outwards, it is clearly fair to compare the two like for like, especially against the backdrop of fearmongering.

zippykona

Why is our population increasing if we are all buggering off?
    Since I left school its gone up 4 million.
    I can’t imagine its due to indigenous people breeding more.

gordimhor

How will the couriers deliver to the space station? We tried to deliver this afternoon but you weren’t in , haveleft your parcel on the moon. Daily Wail would have a field day.
    The quoted figures do appear to show that there’s only a small net gain in population from immigration. In my job I work alongside immigrants from several countries none of whom are on benefits.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Damm Emmigrants’ is closed to new replies.