• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Damaged laminate worktop- how to seal?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Water ingress behind the sink has led to cracking of an area approx 3ft long. I’ve stripped this back and the core of the worktop still seems sound. The damge ranges from about 12cm to 6cm deep along the length.

We will be doing a full kitchen replacement in the next year, so I am just looking at how best to prolong the current life. I did pick up a tube of Colorfill but its not going to provide adequate coverage (I can get other tubes if req!)

Anything I can “paint” on that what be suitable? Matching the current pale grey/dark grey/pink speckle finish not important!

Thanks in advance..

duncancallum

Epoxy resin.

You can even die it.

spennyy
    Free Member

Epoxy, PVA or silicon

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Ronseal 2 part wood filler, £17 for 1kg at screwfix

BigJohn

Please believe me when I say Gorilla Tape. I ran out of the iron-on strip when I was doing the edging on our worktop, having made more cuts than expected and used a piece “temporarily”. 5 years later it’s still in good shape.

tomd
    Free Member

Maybe an idea would be to use a router or be patient with a chisel and cut a straight line along the back of the worktop and router / chisel out a uniform depth so you’re left with a straight edged and flat bottomed “channel” to fill. A bit of ply could be cut to fit and with a bit of filler and paint might look tolerable for a year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Damaged laminate worktop- how to seal?’ is closed to new replies.