Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Dales ride this sunday…anyone?
  • ton

doing a ride from settle swimming baths this sunday.
    meeting 9.30ish ride for 10.

nice and steady pace

chipster

If I’d not been working, I’d have joined you.
    Next time, big ‘un.

ton

no worries chip
    any time you fancy just let me know.

martinhutch

Me mother’s coming to stay, so no playing for me this weekend. Where you off to?

ton

stockdale lane, arncliffe cote, long lane, feizor route.

martinhutch

That’s a nice tough one in a westerly. Back across Foxup Rd?

Junkyard
    Free Member

That’s a nice tough one in a westerly.

I will pack my flats and walking boots

martinhutch

At least you’ll have the wind behind you on the hill out of Settle. 🙂

ton

back via dawson close to dale head.

wind is a state of mind that is to be laughed at when you have not ridden offroad for as long as I have….. 😀

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’m certainly tempted (rude not to, considering you are going past my door), but thestoker isn’t so enthusiastic. I’ll see if I can persuade her (and the weather is ok). If the speed isn’t suitable we will probably have to head off by ourselves anyway…it doesn’t look like a day for hanging around.

globalti
    Free Member

Will also be riding from Settle… with the wind out to Ribblehead then Hawes then Buttertubs then over to Kirkby Stephen then jump on the train back against the SW wind to Settle. Self, Gti Junior and my cycling buddy. 41 miles and 4175 feet of climbing.

martinhutch

back via dawson close to dale head.

wind is a state of mind that is to be laughed at when you have not ridden offroad for as long as I have…..

Aye. Head down, teeth gritted over Dawson Close. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its going to be much easier for me to draft than you

trout
    Free Member

roughly What time will you be at Street gate as might try and tag along from there .

Junkyard
    Free Member

Drop me an e-mail with your number and we can text you tomorrow

I have no idea as I have never ridden here and I am following the big fella.

martinhutch

Depends on what ‘steady pace’ means. It’s about seven miles from Settle, most of it upwards, so I reckon 1hr 30 to 1hr 45 via Stockdale to Street Gate, depending on faff.

trout
    Free Member

Good to see both Ton and Junkyard again
    hated the wind had a headwind for the first 8 miles from Hetton to street gate where they turned up nearly bang on time at 11.30
    turned with the wind at our backs up and over to Arncliffe Cote
    I think Tony enjoyed his first off road trip foe a long while

I then turned right and roaded back to Hetton in to a bastid wind where Ton and Junky went left and up the valley I did not envy them as the wind would have been brutal on the way back to Settle Hope you got back OK .

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We did a Weets Top route from Hetton today, wind wasn’t too much of an issue, but was pretty boggy in places. Mud seemed such a distant memory, hey ho.

ton

just got home after a bloody fantastic but windy ride. from litton to helwith bridge, i think we were doing about 4mph into a terrible head wind.

proper loved it tho, and it was nice to see troutie and junky. 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes a flat section and we never exceeded 4 mph for about 6 miles. It was proper windy – character building eh- but good to get out

martinhutch

Aye. Head down, teeth gritted over Dawson Close.

Did fear for you a bit first thing, but looked like it got a lot nicer after about 10am. Glad you had a good one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was so windy it was hard to breathe at times due to the wind, Reminded me of being on a motorbike at 100 mph
    I dont want to know what it was like earlier

trout
    Free Member

I can Vouch for Junkyard. up there it never abated my ears are still ringing

Bring on the next one Still stunned it was only 8 weeks when Ton was under the knife

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Dales ride this sunday…anyone?’ is closed to new replies.