Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • Dales flooding – Help
  • sl2000

Sorry to hear the op’s woes. Can’t do anything to help so chipped in a small amount.

tthew

Yeah, well done Bear.
    £270 in an hour. When this place gets it right, it really gets it right. Proper community. Good work gang.

bearnecessities

Please don’t thank me, I’ve done nothing more than click a few buttons.

It’s the folk donating, that are able to, that deserve the thanks.

Edit: And looking through the OP’s history, he seems like the last person that deserves this misfortune..

tthew

Oh, and let’s stick this near the top of page 3 so it’s easy to find. https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8gWU4QBwp6

Drac

Bear,

Can you start a thread for this and stick that it’ll make it clearer. Thanks for creating the page.

kcal

Also donated. Sounds and look pretty awful.

the-muffin-man

Chucked a bit in the pot.

shermer75
    Free Member

Man Anony mous is a generous Dude!

And so indecisive!!

bearnecessities

Bear,

Can you start a thread for this and stick that it’ll make it clearer. Thanks for creating the page.

As instructed.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-for-an-stwer/

Drac

And stuck.

Cheers

Houns

Jeez, heartbroken for you, the poor animals too 😢 shall bung some £ your way

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

So sorry to read of your family misfortune, while possessions can be replaced, pets cannot.

Drac

Blood hell more than doubled in less than an hour.

This is why this place is awesome.

singletrackmind

chucked in a few ££ to help
    fond memories of cycling round Reeth
    Too far away to be of any real help, but seriously dude put a list together of stuff eg .- washing machine, fridge , tele etc that you need and I bet by the power of greyskull /// the internet, things will appear as if by magic faster than Debbie Mcgee’s name going onto Paul Daniels chequebook

funkmasterp

Blood hell more than doubled in less than an hour.

This is why this place is awesome.

A right bunch of argumentative ****, but also a group of brilliant people. That’s why I can’t stay away. Oh and the bike bits.

slackalice
    Free Member

Amen. 🙏

MrOvershoot

I was about to buy something I don’t really need but just wanted so you have saved me more clutter 🙂
    Hope it helps you get back on your feet & dry

singletrackmind

Respect ^^^^^^^^^^ . Very generous donation .
    Over £1k already
    Good work people
    Slightly humbling tbh

funkmasterp

That total shot up quickly. Good show everyone. Is the OP even aware that this is happening?

Drac

Holy crap!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

For anyone who hasn’t seen the FB posts or other thread, it seems as though the dogs and cat have been found safe and alive..

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Great news! It’s be great if someone could link him to this thread on FB, might give him a boost.

kelvin

Good news on the pets front.

Drac

Excellent some good news.

mt
    Free Member

To all, one of the things we need is for you to visit as we get cleaned up. Just bought a round (its my birthday) in The Bridge (it was flooded yesterday) at Grinton that included the Ardrock team still on site doing there best to get things sorted, they looked cheery but knackered. The bike centre would like your custom (they were open for best coffee in the Dale today) as would all the other local businesses. We need you to come and stay spend a little money.

Drac

I’ll be down at some point in the futue. The wife and I were thinking of heading down this week while we were on holiday, yesterday was the favoured date but we changed our minds.

rickk

Sent a few quid, good luck OP

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Added to the pot, was in Reeth only a few weeks back on the bike and stopped for some lunch !! … horrible to see the place like this , Good luck to the OP and daughter

mt
    Free Member

@Drac drop me a line and coffe at the Bike Centre would be great.

funkrodent

Now I think about it, in the next couple of weeks I’ll have a half decent standalone oven/hob cooker and a dishwasher looking for a new home if that’d help at all. And got one of them Bud style beer fridges going right away too

funkrodent

And four wooden kitchen chairs too.

Drac

Will do MT but not sure when it’ll be now.

mulv1976
    Free Member

We’d booked a cottage to stay at over the weekend of the Ard but also the following week. It’s situated right behind where Ard rock took their video of the flash flood. Hopefully we can still go, spend some money and even help out if possible. I might even take my bike 🙂

RicB

Bunged a few quid in

OP- we’ve just ordered a new sofa. Current 3 seater and chair are both in good condition(wife didn’t like the colour!) and are yours FOC if you want them (6-8 weeks time). Drop me a PM

georgesdad

This sort of thing really restores your faith in humanity. For years I’ve been convinced the Internet was just a platform for my Mrs to watch annoying videos and moan about what her mates are up to on Facetube. Pat yourselves on the back, STW.

I’m a plumbing/heating engineer by trade and would gladly donate my time to help if I can swing it with work.

Good luck on the road to getting straight OP!

mark90
    Free Member

Have chucked a few quid in. Could probably help out with 5yr old clothes, toys etc if needed. Post up what is required / been lost.

doordonot
    Free Member

Donation made. It all sounds pretty scary but delighted to read that you’re safe.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I live local and was planning a Motorbike ride on Saturday back through Thwaite/Muke and then Leyburn back home via Mahsam/Ripon.

I’ll happily stop by to help/spend some cash/donate/whatever.

The Yorkshire Dales is what makes me a proud Yorkshireman – I’ll be happy to help in whatever (limited) capacity I can!

csb

Beautiful part of the world, was staying downriver a few weeks back.

Really hope this episode increases the scrutiny on the management of moors for shooting which, as with the Calderdale floods, is likely to have exacerbated the flooding down in the valleys. Crazy that it’s tolerated.

FFJA
    Free Member

Oh my goodness. People are genuinely astonishing I can’t quite get my head around the level of help.
    Today has been a strange one.
    I spoke to my letting agent this morning who’s advise was that my landlady us very hard to get hold of, and unlikely to be contactable about building insurance so “ah well, best find a new home, these things happen etc etc”. I’m meeting them in the morning… I need to phone the CAB really and find out where I stand.
    I’ve dragged out with assistance all the furniture, and dumped it in the garden but really I’m not sure what else to do now.
    House is wrecked really, logs and rocks etc have bashed holes in walls, and the force of water has ripped internal doors off the hinges. I sat in the kitchen and cried thinking what could have happened to me and my daughter if we had been at home.
    That is me on Facebook. If anyone is better than me at putting pictures on here could you add the flood ones to this? Just so people know I’m not taking the mickey..
    First step tomorrow is to try to find a house nearby to let that I can afford, then try and work out what I need. Not too bad clothes wise, bedrooms were ok, but I managed to salvage a carrier bag full of stuff from downstairs.
    For people who know the place and Ard Rock, you ride past my parents field before Langthwaite, up the riverside track. The track no longer exists. All the walls are down, and my parents pets sheep are in the Ard Rock camping field drowned (Or at least 1 is)
    I don’t know what to say to people for being so kind I can’t take it in. I thought I’d get a virtual man hug I never expected anything like this. Unreal I could cry! James x

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.