Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dalby Forest – kiddy trailer suitable?
  • woody2000

Off for a week in sunny (hopefully!) Scarborough at the weekend, planning on taking the bike + kiddy trailer and heading to Dalby. Is Dalby remotely trailer friendly? Kids can ride their balance bikes, but they get tired/bored occasionally so the trailer is useful. If not, any other suggestions of a kiddy friendly route?

TIA

patriotpro
    Free Member

Depends which route you take, avoid the red and you’ll be fine.

edlong
    Free Member

Pretty sure the blue is trailerable, might be one or two bits that cause a problem if it’s a wide (two seater) one.

I’ve definitely taken a trailer round, but I can’t remember for sure if it was before or after the new (current) routes were done – pretty sure it was the new ones…

EDIT: There’s a “green” route or two for families, think one goes round a wee lake thing. Not ridden them, but I’m sure they’d be pretty accessible.

ads678

The green that goes from Dixons hollow* is good, it’s about 8kms long or something, so not massive but I think you can link it with the blue which I think should be ok for trailers as well.

*bike park, so you can show off your skillz to the kids at the end of the ride!!

woody2000

so you can show off your skillz to the kids at the end of the ride!

Wonder if I can jump with a trailer attached? The skinnies might be interesting 🙂

Cheers all, I’d seen the green routes but there was no specific mention of trailers so I thought I’d ask.

edlong
    Free Member

If you’re looking for other kiddie / trailer friendly riding in the area, there’s a sustrans disused railway path / track goes from Scarborough to Whitby. The Scarborough end is a bit down at heel and tricky to find in parts, but from about Hayburn Wike (sp?) northwards it’s lovely, trailerable, and from Ravenscar northwards expecially, there’s some spectacular sea views.

shifter
    Free Member

Scarborough up to Ravenscar with trailer on would be a good workout!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest – kiddy trailer suitable?’ is closed to new replies.