Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dalby Forest
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

Any idea on weather recently and riding conditions of dalby and local area?
    Is the worlds xc course open?

flyingmonkeycorps

Was fine on Sunday, riding some bits of red, black and off piste. The bits of the WC that we rode were open.

docrobster
    Free Member

I was there sunday and monday. Did some of the red on sunday, was bone dry. Did the xc black loop on monday, was just a bit moist in places, the A line of what I presume is “medusas drop” appeared to be taped off, the rest all fine.
    I was amazed how dry it was riding given the recent rain.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Thanks for the updates.

Weather looking good for the weekend although a little rain today and tomorrow. Most of the heavy rain seems to be further south.

flyingmonkeycorps

It’ll be grand, most of it seems to drain remarkably well.

ton

a quick question regarding dalby, has anyone ridden it on a cx bike?

flyingmonkeycorps

Personally no, but I’ve seen folk there on CX bikes, rigid singlespeeds, unicycles… I’m sure it’s doable.

I fear it would also be horribly uncomfortable, there’s quite a lot of flat lumpy pedally bits at Dalby that give me back ache on a HT so I imagine they’d be horrific on a CX or rigid. That said I’m a massive fanny 😉

ton

the only bad bits i can think of are after you cross the road at bickly gate, the orange raised up snakey bit that goes on for yonks.

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye that was the main bit I was thinking of too! I’m sure there’s another bit like that too, all raised and rocky like.

I prefer Dalby sessioning the fun bits though, so my memory of the full loop is fuzzy.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve done it on my rigid SS. Was actually really good. You are forgetting some pretty rocky bits though Tony – the bits towards the end as you climb in and out of 3 valleys – theres some rocky bits that are seemingly endless in the woods there on the tops but other than that its actually really, really smooth. Going to get the SS up there at the start of June (thanks Queenie!).

nosemineb
    Free Member

Its rideable on a cross bike but as expected slower and more uncomfortable.

jonathan
    Free Member

I’ve ridden in Dalby on my cross bike quite a lot. It’s faster on nearly everything.

😉

ton

think i might take my electric bike round on sunday morning.
    could be a record fast time for me…….. 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dalby, has anyone ridden it on a cx bike?

I’ve ridden it on a rigid SS 29er, which is almost the same thing.

Horificaly uncomfortable and nowhere near as fun as doing it on a bike with some suspension and gears!!

nosemineb
    Free Member

I’ve ridden in Dalby on my cross bike quite a lot. It’s faster on nearly everything

Compared to what?
    Fastest for me was a 29er rigid. [edit] Better brakes, lower tire pressure and better handling than MY v braked cross bike.
    Depends how fast you usually go 😀

jonathan
    Free Member

Compared to everyone I pass? 😉

That said the all out fastest bike I’ve ridden round was a short travel full sus 29er. I should say it’s my “from the door” riding, and that I’ve ridden most of the trails on most types of bike (ss/26/29/ht/rigid/fullsus/cross/etcetc), so I probably know the smooth lines better than many 🙂

nosemineb
    Free Member

I do agree that 29er with some suss would/should be fastest. As my quickest round in order were, rigid 29er, 26 ht, 26 rigid then cx bike being the slowest. Stands to reason 29er ht should be faster then poss 29er fs.
    They were all race bikes and lightweight and generally dry conditions.
    Hand pain being the reason i slow up towards the end.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest’ is closed to new replies.