Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dalbeattie – made me smile
  • forge197
    Free Member

Did a shortened red loop this evening and near the end was thinking I'll give that skinny ago over the stream as it's been a long time it's the one near the eye of the needle.

Well I cleared it, but the skinny has gone and replaced with a super wide piece of wooden shore. 🙂

Great ride though.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cool – do you think I'd be able to clean the wide shore? Will be there in a few weeks 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Simon – with your mad skillz it will be a breeze. 🙂

angryratio
    Free Member

was there last week…
    also did Ae, Kirroughtree and Mabie.
    Cracker of a week.
    Bike is shagged though… my 44's are dead.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Dalbeattie is how all trail centres should be, a good long interesting ride with lots of techy sections to play on (or not) along the way.

forge197
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it. Heading to Kirri in the AM.

I hadn't ridden Dalbeattie for a couple months forgotten how good it is.

craig1975
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member
    Dalbeattie is how all trail centres should be, a good long interesting ride with lots of techy sections to play on (or not) along the way.

you mean with lots and lots of boring fire road..

now.. if you had said the same for the black at kirrie then i would completely agree

craig1975
    Free Member

forge197 – Member
    Glad you enjoyed it. Heading to Kirri in the AM.

I'm heading that way the morra morning too, maybe see you out on the trail

forge197
    Free Member

Cool I will be on a Green Dialled

Big-Bud
    Free Member

dalbeattie is one of may favourite trails up there.brillaint going weds-fri next week ,alsos doing glentress ,how was the trail conditions.

forge197
    Free Member

trail was spot on big-bud dry and grippy considering there was a bit of rain earlier in the week good shape.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I love dalbeattie, kirrie and mabie. Can't wait to get there in September.
    And I work in Afan. The Scots have got it spot on.

Trekster

Big-Bud – Member
    dalbeattie is one of may favourite trails up there.brillaint going weds-fri next week ,alsos doing glentress ,how was the trail conditions.

Fancy a locals "eye veiw" ?
    Days off on Wed/Thurs if you fancy a guided tour.

forge197
    Free Member

wish I was off, though Kirri was great today and hi to Craig good to catch-up at the shop see you on the trails soon.

aviemoron
    Free Member

I like Dalbeattie, it's getting better with age plus, I now know where the locals stuff is!

Mugboo

Craig, Dalbeattie hardly has any fireroad these days and what it loses in singletrack it makes up for with quality challenges if you've got the spuds/ability to ride them.

Whereas Kirroughtree is just tedious singletrack!

Only kidding, if you consider yourself to be connoisseur of flowing trails and can only ride one trail centre in your life then make it Kirra…

craig1975
    Free Member

forge197 – Member
    wish I was off, though Kirri was great today and hi to Craig good to catch-up at the shop see you on the trails soon

was good getting a chat with you.. that's a very nice prince Albert you have.. look forward to hooking up with ya for a trek on the trails… same to you Trekser was good catching up with you at Mabie the other week

Craig, Dalbeattie hardly has any fireroad these days and what it loses in singletrack it makes up for with quality challenges if you've got the spuds/ability to ride them.

mmmm… not so sure about that… unless they have added more trail to it in the last six months.. don't get me wrong i agree there is good sections there.. i just feel theres to much of a gap between the good stuff.. not enough flow to the place, a good place to session sections… but thats just my opinion…

Whereas Kirroughtree is just tedious singletrack!

well as for tedious single track.. I presume you haven't bothered doing the black at kirrie 😉 I'm thinking.. Mc Moab.. the chute.. heart break hill and o yea lets not forget Talnotry Hill which is arguably probably one of the best bits of single track about.. and theirs lots more excellent stuff there to boot 😉

Trekster

Lets have it for Talnoutry, best man made singletrack anywhere imo 😆
    Had a pootle round Dalbeattie and surounding area this morning after night shift 🙄

Older one;

It was wet, warm and we all had smiles……

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Trekster that looks awesome & a lovely offer but there is a largeb group of us with open plans so it would be unfair to commit.

i could pm you my number vice versa

Trekster

e-mail enabled.
    just give me a shout, if I can do something I will even if it is an evening ride @ Mabie for a couple of hrs.
    Just hope there are no racing snakes 😉

The pics are the coastal path from Portling to Rockcliffe or through to Kipford. Easily found and exit from forest is via Colvend and returning either the same way or via Barnbaroch just opposite the Kipford junction.
    Bit of a hike a bike and the Gorse plays havoc with the ankles and punctures 🙄
    Botomm pic is an off piste trail/descent
    Cafes at Colvend and Rockcliffe. Pub at Kipford

On a clear day you can see the back of Skidaw from that trail. Robin Rigg windfarm is also just out of shot in the clouds.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie – made me smile’ is closed to new replies.