Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dalbeattie & Kirroughtree Trail Maps
  • heihei

Anyone got the pdf as the 7 Stanes website seems to be down. Ta.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Try here for Dalbeattie. Not sure how up to date this version is.

Spin
    Free Member

Quite a bit been added at the start/end since that map was produced. The main body of route is not much changed though.

I love Dalbeattie. Best of the 7 Stanes IMO.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I love it too. Couldn’t actually explain why, in my head I can see why people prefer GT, Inners etc, but there is just something about Dalbeattie that I really like. It’s probably the stane I have ridden the most tbh.

Spin
    Free Member

I like it because it is continuously interesting and has good technical features. I also like rocky riding so that fits with Dalbeattie.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the blue at Dalbeattie though. We thought we would blast round the blue on New Years Day as we were short of time for the red. Far too much fire track and virtually no singletrack. Nice to get out, but wished we had spent some time studying the map to incorporate some more red sections.

d45yth
    Free Member

Spin – I love Dalbeattie. Best of the 7 Stanes IMO.

I also like rocky riding so that fits with Dalbeattie.

Seriously?!? 😕
    OP – You shouldn’t really need a map as they’re both waymarked well enough. Are you doing both in the same day? If so, do Kirroughtree first when your legs are fresh. Dalbeattie’s easy with no real hills…either serves as a warm up the day before or for a quick, short blast on the way home.

Trekster

All depends how fit you are d45yth 😉 barely enough daylight hrs to try a double header unless an very earl start 💡

“blasted” round Dalbeatie in 1hr 40mins or so on the Hardrock Challenge in Oct, would be lucky if I could get round without 3 or 4 stops today ❗

Spin
    Free Member

Seriously?!?

Aye. Can’t think what other one of the stanes crams as much interesting riding into its length. Admittedly there’s not much up and down but that’s not necessarily a disadvantage.

I assume you feel otherwise but that’s what makes horse races innit?

heihei

Took the kids to Dalbeattie and thought was awesome. We rode the taster loop twice, with the kids riding the blue stuff and adults ducking off to ride the red / black bits. Outstanding and can’t wait to get back to ride the rest of it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie & Kirroughtree Trail Maps’ is closed to new replies.