Dakine Slayer pads – do they loosen up?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dakine Slayer pads – do they loosen up?
  • Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I’ve got both the knee and elbow pads here, both feel a bit tight. But I do like them.

But as they don’t have velcro straps (just the elastic-y sleeve), I wonder if people have found they loosen up over time? Or not?

cb200

I bought Large in both knees and elbows but the Elbow ones were too tight so I swapped for XL.

Both have stayed pretty much the same for a year now. So no, they haven’t loosened up to any significant degree.

Superb pads though, so much so that I never wear my Ixis Flow knee pads, the current pad-du-jour

cb200

Just remembered, the stitching came undone on three of the four Slayer pads so I had to break out the needle to botch a repair. Fine since then

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

That’s awesome thanks, I think the elbows are manageable but the knees will have to go back.

Fortunately I also got some XL Hellions which fit great.

Premier Icon Kamakazie
    Subscriber

Superb pads though, so much so that I never wear my Ixis Flow knee pads, the current pad-du-jour

Must be a thing as I’ve the same 2 sets and only use the IXS for uplift days.
    That said, mine have loosened off a bit in the top & bottom bands. Not otherwise though.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

My IXS Flows are my current favourite pads actually.

The Dakine Hellions that I’m keeping are a more DH-style pad, so they’ll make a good combo.

I’m a big fan of Dakine stuff and these feel really well made. Hope they prove to be as durable as they look.

Bagstard

Have you actually ridden in them chaka? Mine certainly loosened up a little after use, I wear XL and they are spot on for my big legs.

Mine have loosened up, but then I’m 25kgs down from when I bought them!.

I like them, I’ve managed to hole both of them by putting thumb through the mesh part pulling them on, as they were tight on me too, but I never noticed the tightness pedalling. They stay in place better than any other pads I’ve had, I like to wear them with knee length sealskinz, they work really well in this set up.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Have you actually ridden in them chaka?

No, I couldn’t send them back if I did that, you div.

I had the XLs before and they were a bit loose, the large are a bit tight – but the XL Hellions are just right I think.

Mine have loosened up, but then I’m 25kgs down from when I bought them!.

Nice humblebrag!

😉

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

My knee pads are looser than when I first got them I think. I’ve not lost any weight either, though I do have chicken legs. Good pads, wife has them as well, it annoys her that I wear a smaller size 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.