Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dakine hot laps gripper – any good?
  • bikerevivesheffield

Looks the part but not seen one in real life, any users?
    Needs to hold 2 X 25g co2, multi tool, plus tubeless repair kit plus some misc spares like chain link etc

oldnick

Mine has a 29″ inner tube, tubeless repair kit and a multitool in it, seems well made and does the job.

peekay

I have one, and think it is very poorly designed.

The way that the straps wrap around the storage bag bit and the frame feels like they didn’t try using it before putting it in to production.

Difficult to explain, but it would be better if it were two separate tightening systems, one to tighten things up in the bag bit, and a second to strap the bag bit to the frame.

With the design as it is, if you have either too much, or too little in the bag, the strap doesn’t sit central on the bag as it is attached to the fold over lid of the bag bit, this means the bag isn’t very secure as you are not tightening up around the middle bit of the bag.

If I use mine, I always use a second strap with it.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I’ve got one and agree with the above – well made but never really fitted right. Anything other than a tube and a couple of co2 carts and it gets really bulky. Have replaced with a generic enduro strap (Backcountry).

reeksy

I’ll third that. It’s a squeeze to get a 29er tube in. Also, tricky around a slim steel frame…
    That said I do use it every ride and it’s never fallen off.
    I wouldn’t risk leaving a multi tool in personally.

pembo6
    Free Member

I have one but I preferto use a separate strap for it (the OneUp strap). I like how it keeps the mud mostly off the tube (etc). But the strap design is poor. The newer 2022 models have a much wider strap, so that possibly fixes some of the issues.

Also, i found the grippy material on the back, to have very poor grip!. More like sandpaper and it will damage your paint.

hainman
    Free Member

I have one and 2 co2 29” tube levers
    Fits on my top tube and slides up in space at my top tube/downtube

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.