Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dainese trail skins are they up to the job?
  • cubist
    Free Member

I am after some kneepads as my old ones are falling apart. Ordered a selection from CRC and am suprised at how minimalist the Dainese Trail Skins are. I wondered if any one has had a decent off wearing them and how well they protected.

I am wondering if they are robust enough if I had an off on a nice natural rocky Peak district style descent like the Beast or the such (that’s about as hardcore as I go at the moment)

cubist
    Free Member

Anyone?

stompweaver

Had a pair for a few weeks now. Had a couple of fairly decent crashes and they protected me very well indeed. I have no qualms about using them in the Peaks and did so recently with no worries. The next time I visit the Brenin to do the Beast I’ll be wearing them too.

I am very happy with them as they don’t get anywhere as hot as my old 661 Evo pads and when you get rolling after a climb you can feel the air coming through them which really is quite nice 🙂

Wholehearted recommendation from me, I am taking them to the Alps in a couple of weeks time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

i can vouch for their comfiness. did a very hot enduro at grogley on sunday in them. much more comfortable than my POC’s

I haven’t crashed in them yet so no idea how useful they are, I generally don’t wear knee pads so I guess they’ll be better than that…

cubist
    Free Member

Thanks – I tried them on and then pretended to be a Thai Boxer and attacked a filing cabinet in the office and they seemed pretty good especially at under half the price of a pair of POCs!

solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve not crashed mine but again can vouch for their comfort. My other pads, Fox Launch Pro, which I use for proper DH, are more comfortable but alot hotter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dainese trail skins are they up to the job?’ is closed to new replies.