Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Daily Mail
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Having seen it discussed on here but having little experience of the publication I decided to research it to see if in fact I would enjoy the read. I found this useful website which provides some interesting arguments on the merits of the paper. I hope you find it useful.

Should I Read the Daily Mail

dannybgoode

+1

Saw this kid at a rave in a field who had a t-shirt with the motto ‘Hated by the Daily Mail’ – best tee I’ve seen in ages…

Cheers

Danny B

chewkw
    Free Member

Of course yes … because you need a balanced view.

All news are bias anyway and if you trust any of them then you might as well impale yourself on spike fence … 🙄

TheBrick
    Free Member

Of course all news is bias, but there is bias depending on the writer / papers underlying philosophy; then there is cloud cuckoo land with tenuous links to facts at best.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Which are you berating there the mail or chewk 😉

iamsporticus
    Free Member

When the in laws have visited I always put their daily mails in next doors recycling bin in case anyone thinks they’re mine

chrismac

Go to the on line version and play mail baiting. The aim is to write a comment that gets published and the one with the most red arrows wins

Coyote
    Free Member

sporticus, I laughed!

chrismac – I think you have given me a new hobby…

loddrik
    Free Member

Love the Daily Mail app, and I am as left wing as they come.

robdixon
    Free Member

How exactly does one “read” a publication that largely seems designed for a cabin crew readership and thus mostly consists of endless pictures of fat celebrities / celebrities looking hungover / celebrities out with their kids / celebrities that have had gastric bands fitted / celebrities with new fake knockers?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the daily mail, one of those papers that if you used to to wipe your arse it would be hard to tell after….

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

😀

konabunny
    Free Member

cloud cuckoo land with tenuous links to facts at best.

🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

nurse, nurse NURSE we have got one get the medication ready

piemonster

The linked website officially amuses me

jonba
    Free Member

Is the Mail or any other paper actually there to provide accurate news or to make a profit? They profit from people going to the website to view outrageous stories. People write controversial articles to get people to read and discuss them.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

chewkh you might get balance from the Telegraph. You don’t even get accurate news reporting let alone a coherent interpretation of facts from the mail…

one of my favourites…

and an example of their “balance”…

derek_starship
    Free Member

The DM is obsessed with Kim Kardashian. Why?

Also, “sideboob.” and “post-birth body.”

I do have the website in my favourites bar though 😳

Lifer
    Free Member

I like the juxtaposition of it’s hysterical pedo coverage and it’s obsession with teenage girls ‘blossoming’.

konabunny
    Free Member

The DM is obsessed with Kim Kardashian. Why?

It’s not the paper, it’s the website. The website is a mostly separate operation and it’s one of the most popular websites on the whole Internet. There is a good article somewhere on the New Yorker website.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes the website is just corporate trolling tbh
    A mixture of things to outrage do gooders and some celebrity guff

It is not on my favourites bar

bobgarrod
    Free Member
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Daily Mail’ is closed to new replies.