• This topic has 73 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Daily Heil vs Harriet Harman
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Just when you think they couldn’t sink any lower, they do…

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/02/24/Harman_condemns_political_smear/

kcal

Not HH’s biggest fan by a long chalk but – that’s out of order really.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not unheard of for the Fail.

Scum.

bails

It’s not just out of order, it’s pretty hypocritical given how many long lens photos of 13 year olds in bikinis they print with their “phwoar, hard to believe she’s so young, she looks all grown up now, with her womanly curves, flaunting her leggy body, phwoaaar*” articles.

*Yuk, I feel dirty for writing that actually.

DezB
    Free Member

True though bails. Just giving their readers what they want.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

There’s so many things Harman should get a hard time about, but this is low and hypocritical to the max. Standard Daily Fail stuff unfortunately 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When I searched for images of Paul Dacre, this came up…

binners

Whats even more disgraceful is the absolute savaging that she got on Newsnight last night. It was appalling! Since when did the Fail start setting the news agenda, then use the BBC as its attack dog?!

I know the BBC might be trying to make up for its own shameful past on this ground, but I couldn’t believe what I was watching last night

martinhutch

Although I’ve a distaste for the Mail, and can see they have purely a political agenda here, this was clearly a deeply misguided era for the NCCL (for which the current chairman of Liberty has already apologised).

I don’t think Harman has much to answer for – junior solicitor just drafting up what she was told, by the looks of it, however distasteful the content of her briefing note.

Hewitt and Dromey, however, held executive positions during this period when the NCCL was infiltrated by active paedophiles, and allowed its own agenda and actions to be hijacked in support of their cause. The term ‘apologists for paedophilia’ is way too strong for them personally, but it seems clear they were part of a naive and easily exploited organisation.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hmm, Its not like this is a new story, but for some reason, now its on the front page of the Daily Mail its a ‘smear campaign’?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100185799/how-hatties-friends-defended-paedophilia/

It really opens up more questions about her husband, Dromey, and Hewitt rather than her to be honest

kimbers

it is bitterly ironic considering the daily fails sidebar of shame

it does seem that theyve targeted the wrong person here (newsnight as well) and the senior staff there have more important questions to answer

but the media do love to give Harman (and female MPs in general) a good kicking

martinhutch

It reveals the political agenda of the reporting when they go after the Labour Deputy Leader who, if anything had a vanishingly minor role in the whole affair, rather than the two sitting MPs who ran the shop at the time.

kimbers
    Junkyard
    Free Member

It is so saddening that we actually need a free press in a thriving democracy and market forces give us this shit instead

Its mud slinging with an editorial, as with ed father, that is not even believed by the people who type it….that is the really sad thing here.

MoreCashThanDash

Hairy Harman or the Daily Wail? Which to despise most? Think my head may implode!

Whole non-story smacks of desperation by the paper. Unless there is a Labour Party double agent working there now planting stupid stories to generate support for Red Ed?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’s ironic given HH’s past at the NCCL, how she ended up as an integral part of Blair’s authoritarian regime.

bajsyckel

Whether or not Harman can be held accountable for this, I for one am pleased that we can rely on the Mail’s editorial policies and journalistic integrity to uphold the moral values of this country. Especially their rigourous campaign to rid society from the ills surrounding the unneccessary sexualisation of children.

[Double edit as images don’t embed]

That’s the same paper that only last month ran a “story” under the leader ‘Who’s the model now? Leni steals the show as her mother Heidi Klum wears dowdy outfit to take her daughter to gym class. Mum’s not the only leggy blonde in the country’ alongside an image of the eight year old girl in question. And another image, just of their legs, with the caption ‘Model in the making: Klum’s daughter Leni has model stems like her mommy’. An eight year old girl FFS.

For images and other similar hypocrisy see

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    Hairy Harman or the Daily Wail? Which to despise most? Think my head may implode!

Quite, a match made in ……?

Still the lovely Harriet has nothing to answer for either in he role as the legal officer or her subsequent lobbying activities, so the story will blow over as fast as this winter’s rainfall!

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

They campaigned for to have legal sex with children as young as four. I thought I just heard that on Five live. Hope I heard wrong.
    You lot would be happy to work for a company that would represent an organisation like that.

They took money from anybody HH says. Peodophiles, nazis anybody asking as they paid. Just because it’s the Mail doing this it seems she is ok.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just heard interview replayed on 5 Live, and she made things worse by deploying the typical political tactic of ducking the question and answering the question you wanted to be asked. When asked “was it a mistake for PIE to be given affiliate status?” would it have hurt to say “yes” rather than waffle on about how she was content her work wasn’t influenced by them?

binners

Harriet Harmen, its safe to say, did not campaign for adults to be allowed to have sex with 5 year old kids FFS! 🙄

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Who is saying she did FFS

She was happy to work for a company took payment from people that did.
    If that’s ok then I’m happy thAt I don’t think like you

allthepies
    Free Member

A very odd state of affairs indeed. Why did such an organisation get so close to a “Paedophile Information Exchange” ?

And why is Harriet being so elusive about the whole thing.

I can see Binbins having a different attack vector had this been a Tory MP 🙂

binners

I’m sure she was fully briefed on exactly who they were, as well as their stated aims. Along with all the other hundreds of affiliate organisations. All in this pre-internet age.

I’m sure that all of us are fully aware of all activities of every company we’ve worked for, their subsidiaries, or any organisation we’ve ever had anything to do with, ever. And would happily have this fully investigated by someone with an avowed hatred of you, and a political agenda, going back your entire life, and placed on public record having been contorted beyond recognition

johnners
    Free Member

I’m sure that all of are fully aware of all activities of every company we’ve worked for, their subsidiaries, or any organisation we’ve ever had anything to do with, ever. And would happily have this fully investigated by someone with an avowed hatred of us, and a political agenda, going back our entire lives, and placed on public record having been contorted beyond recognition

You are mistaken, I wouldn’t be happy about that at all.

ransos
    Free Member

She was happy to work for a company took payment from people that did.
    If that’s ok then I’m happy thAt I don’t think like you

I must confess I haven’t checked out the activities of every single company my pension scheme is invested in.

binners

I can see Binbins having a different attack vector had this been a Tory MP

You think the Daily Wail would be going after a Tory MP with anything aproaching this amount of gusto and malice? If this was a Tory MP (working for a human rights organisation, its somewhat unlikely) then I doubt it would have even been published. Never mind 3 days worth of front pages

I have heard rumours that some tories had the odd unsavoury connection

And apparently the Mail isn’t immune either….

Pots and kettles and all that

Philby

The PIE organisation was already affiliated to NCCL along with nearly a thousand other organisations and 6,000 individual members when Harman joined them – in all honesty would she be aware of all the organisations and what they represented when she joined. I am a trustee of a charity with around 400 member organisations and I would struggle to name more than 100 members.

I think she should have answered the questions put to her more directly, and explicitly express regret that PIE was a member of NCCL, which she has failed to to.

But the Daily Hate and its sister paper the Hate on Sunday seem to have one aim which is to rake up any speck of dirt that might be have an adverse affect on the Labour Party – the front page headlines and 4 inside pages of the Hate on Sunday two days ago was about a junior shadow minister, Shadow mMinister for Floods, being on holiday. This must be the biggest non-story at a time of the troubles in Ukraine, Syria and the end of the Sochi Winter Olympics.

I assume that the Daily Hate will be giving equal prominence to the Police investigation into the Tory MP Peter Bone allegedly committing benefit fraud with regard to his mother-in-law’s care fees.

ransos
    Free Member

But the Daily Hate and its sister paper the Hate on Sunday seem to have one aim which is to rake up any speck of dirt that might be have an adverse affect on the Labour Party

My guess is that they’re still smarting from their failed attack on Ed Miliband’s dad, and this is payback. Journalism has little if anything to do with it.

hora
    Free Member

I don’t care who releases a potential ‘scoop’ however is there grounds for their story?

I didn’t like her rebuttal was an attack not concentrating on the facts/explaining just ‘look at their track record’ as the main plank of her defence.

crankboy
    Free Member

Daily Mail or Harriet Harman can’t decide which I dislike most . At least Harman pays uk taxes.

She worked for an organisation that promoted human rights for a five year period that organisation affiliated with a group that argued they too had human rights. That group were well dodgy and the central aim of the group is morally wrong, though they had a seriously flawed argument that it was not . The campaign of P.I.E also tied into a valid human rights argument that was being run at the time and is now part of the law of the land ( harmonisation of age of consent) . Once the true evil of P.I.E was established. The organisation expelled P.I.E and apologised for the link ever having existed.

Harman over 20 years after these events is obliged to account for herself to THE DAILY HEIL who have no compunction in smearing her or printing flat lies ?

ac282

I do wonder how effective this sort of stuff is.

I doubt there are many potential Labour voters out there reading the Mail.

binners

Do you want to try that again in English, Hora?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It is so saddening that we actually need a free press in a thriving democracy and market forces give us this shit instead

That’s easy to explaim, think of the most average person you know. Half the people you meet are thicker than that person and are consequently ruled more easily by their base emotions as opposed to rationality. Thus the press wants to sell papers to that demographic, the state of the UK media is less a reflection on journalism as it is a mirror into our own collective humanity.

Scary huh? And these **** vote, they are the same types of people who were easily manipulated and led by Fascist/Nazi/Stalinist propaganda. The road to hell is paved by idiots and the ignorant.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Journalism has little if anything to do with it.

And this, succinctly, summarises everything we discuss about the Mail.

ninfan
    Free Member

Once the true evil of P.I.E was established. The organisation expelled P.I.E and apologised for the link ever having existed.

Isn’t that where the Harman narrative falls apart though?

Her own statement was that:

by the time I came to work for NCCL this vile organisation had already been vigorously challenged within the organisation. Jack Dromey was instrumental in that challenge when he took over the chair of NCCL in 1976

But P.I.E. Remained affiliated to the NCCL till 1983, and one of their chief members spoke at their congress in ’77!

kimbers

challenged does not = booted out

still youd have thunk they wouldve booted them out, saville tinted hindsight aside

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The thing that staggers me is hits how many people here read the Wail and the most unlikely suspects too!

With nothing to hide, dear Harriet should have quickly cleared this up last night, if not before when the story first came up. The manner if her defence (sic) over the past 24 hours has hardly been convincing. People who dive into the offensive first are usually those with something to hide.

kimbers

THM i suspect her vitriol is something to do with Harmans personal dislike of the ‘immigrant-bashing, woman-hating, muslim-smearing, NHS-undermining, gay-baiting Daily Mail.’

coming after their ill fated attempts to smear millibands dad I reckon most labour politicians react in the same manner, not necessarily wise from a PR point of view tho!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Daily Heil vs Harriet Harman’ is closed to new replies.