Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Daftest thing that you've taken with you riding by mistake?
  • slackman99
    Free Member

3 yr old block of Haloumi cheese (still in wrapper) that I bought for a BBQ, couldn’t find it in my bag when I got home, so figured i’d left it at the check out. Fast forward 3 yrs and I found it!

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Was it still edible?

mboy
    Free Member

A spare rear shock that my mates slipped in my bag as a joke, to see if I’d notice (it was my shock, a rather heavy 222mm long 5th Element with a steel spring on it). I did wonder why my bag felt quite heavy, but never opened it once inside of a weeks riding (in the Alps, I didn’t puncture), only found the shock on the last evening there when I was packing everything up to go home!

Have many many times ended up with out of date food, left lingering in the bottom of my bag. Which if you knew me, you’d find very odd, as I eat food like the world’s going to run out tomorrow!

slackman99
    Free Member

It was Haloumi…….indestructable!

But I am not, so I was too afraid for my well being to try it!

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Haloumi is indeed indestructible. a mate’s girlfriend once threw a block of it as his head during a row. He suffered mild concussion but the cheese was fine.

i think it’s actually made from rubber.

tomhoward

Me

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Several years ago a mate wanted to join me on a ride. He turned up on a shonky BSO from god knows where, a real pretend-full-suss affair.

He got a puncture about 9 miles out on top of the moors. He had two different pumps (one for each wheel as each tube was a different type) but no puncture repair kit and no spare tubes.
    Told him he could have one of mine if he could get the wheel off as it was a bolt-on design and i had no spanners on me (didn’t need them for my bike).
    Of course he had no spanner. I asked what he DID have in his capacious pack, whereupon he rooted in the bottom of the pack and came out with…

… a tin of sardines!

mjsmke

Girlfriend.

trevron73
    Free Member

The wife ? enough said !

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Opened up a friends saddle under pack to find a bright blue dusty sandwich she had forgotten about and could remember when she put it in there. Also a guy I used to ride with always came out with this massive rucksack. Was always reputed to have ‘everything in it’ He pulled out a first aid kit once and even had a tetanus injection kit in there..
    Worst for me was finding 3 shock pumps in there, stuffed in the bottom.

Bregante

Back in June up at the top of Minch moor we found a proper robbers ski mask in my mates camelbak.

We’re still waiting for a satisfactory explanation.

Edit: if you’re reading this. Well?

bigad40
    Free Member

I worked in a school kitchen at a fancy public school. Used take left overs home to the digs often.
    Best one was a large trifle that needed both hands to hold, on my old Dawes Diplomat with a fork rake so slack it could almost stand on its own, off road just a bridle way nothing too serious.
    look ma no hands!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

A cow bell. But there was a reason for it because I used it to heckle near the finish at the end of seeding at a race.

jamj1974

Misplaced confidence.

hora
    Free Member

Re sandwich.

Once on a long ride I got lost and was starving. I went through my backpack and found some very old biscuits. Ate the lot. I swear the damp things were mouldy!

yunki
    Free Member

Went for a ride on Dartmoor & took an OS map of Bodmin Moor with me

Went to show someone a route we had ridden & found it was the wrong one – Lol.

Hah! exactly the same…

I opened my bag at home the other evening to check on a planned route for the following morning, and found that the map that I keep in there for riding on Dartmoor was a map of Newton Abbot, Dawlish and Torquay.. DOH!

phiiiiil

I picked up two boxes of eggs from a chap at work, then totally forgot about them when I decided later on that I would go the fun way back. After 15 miles across Cannock Chase they had survived surprisingly well; I think only three had fatally succumbed to all the bouncing around.

RustySpanner

Artificial saliva and latex gloves.

Forgot to unpack after commuting, 😐

bikeryder85
    Free Member

I found a discarded 29er tube on the trail last year and picked it up to toss in the trash on my way out. I forgot about it instead, must’ve been in my pack for months…

Saratoga
    Free Member

A banana.

It wasn’t a mistake when I put it in the Camelbak, but it was a mistake to forget to eat it and then forget it was even in there for over a month. Yuk!

1981miked
    Free Member

My mate brings a fully blinged up Santacruz Nomad to Glentress on a regular basis… Ha ha.. Now that is daft! ; )

We went away for 4 days a couple of weeks ago aswell and he turned up with 5 or 6 bags.. I had 2, 1 for play clothes and 1 for the biking gubbins. Travelling light is the answer Alan… (you know who you both are) ; )

scuzz
    Free Member

I was halfway into a ride when I got a puncture and found a road inner tube, inside my 26″ rear wheel. To this day I have no idea who did that.

taxi25
    Free Member

Not by mistake, but it was a mistake, so it has to be Mrs Taxi.

andytherocketeer

+1 for spare tubes of the wrong dimensions. Quite a rocky CX ride that one too, riding very tentatively to really make sure I didn’t pinch flat.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

In the Peaks I once put a loads of bricks in the back of my fast mates pack. We got to the top of a really steap climb and he complained at the weight of his pack. Cue much hilarity when he found said bricks! Still beat us all to the top though!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

A few years ago a newcomer appeared on a CTC run wearing brogues, jeans and a Barbour jacket – it wasn’t a cold day. We all wondered what he had in the massive rucksack. The trackpump was revealed when he punctured and the hardshell briefcase containing his sandwiches when we reached the drum up.

knottie8
    Free Member

a sewing kit !

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Daftest thing that you've taken with you riding by mistake?’ is closed to new replies.