Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Daftest thing that you've taken with you riding by mistake?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

. . last two rides i’ve been carting around a Batman graphic novel in my Camelbak, that I forgot i’d put in there when I popped to my Brothers’ a week Sunday gone. . .

binners

Hora 😀

Pook

+1 Hora

Junkyard
    Free Member

swimming goggles.. I dont swim , they are not mine and I cannot explain it

jota180
    Free Member

TV remote control and a Rosie and Jim video
    My youngest once packed them for me 🙂

bazwadah
    Free Member

At SITS this weekend – found my daughters dummy in my pocket when I was about 10 mins into a lap. Luckily she didn’t notice it was gone.

Northwind

Hands up everyone else who is carrying around a mech hanger for a bike they no longer own, but not for the bike they’re riding.

I carried around an inner tube with a schraeder valve for a while, every single wheelset I own now is presta. OK, that doesn’t sound too bad but you should see the size of this tube! It’s a big Panaracer DH number, about 6 times the bulk of my normal tubes.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Not my mates wheels. We packed my bike, my wheels, his frame. Left his wheels at the bottom of the drive….

Not quite answering the thread…..

richmtb

TV remote control

+1

Also a change of work clothes (shirt, trousers, pants and socks) That I had packed for commuting one day. Wasn’t much used to me while I was riding round Glentress

instanthit
    Free Member

The spare innertube…. for the babys pushchair. And yes i did puncture, 10 minutes into the ride. You can imagine the laughter when i pulled out my spare.

muddyground
    Free Member

For about a year my mate carried this big, heavy rucksack on every Sunday spin out; winter through summer and into summer again. One day I asked him what was in it. He didn’t know as he always used my kit, right down to my water or a drink at a cafe. He just brought the bag out of habit. So we emptied it out – two, twelve inch adjustable spanners at the bottom. And that was it.

And in the spirit of not answering the OP, once drove 5 hours to Wales to go camping. No tent poles in the bag, and £20 between us for the week.

nbt

Once took my SLR and remote flash setup for a nice ride, I’d taken the memory car out to download the previous pics onto the PC and forgotten to put it back in the camera.

LoCo
    Free Member

A massive Nemo sticker (finding Nemo film) stuck to the front of my helmet, by my 2 year old daughter just before I went of long road ride in france, rushed out door chucking helmet on so didn’t notice it till I got back.
    Had been wondering why I was getting funny looks 😳

TheFopster
    Free Member

I have never been riding by mistake. It was always deliberate.

ski
    Free Member

Last week, while doing a regular weekly ride, I helped a mate out, who was struggling, by carrying his huge rucksack that he had brought along.

No wonder he was struggling it weighed a ton!

When we got back to his car, he thanked me, then procceded to open his ruck sack and took out a complete change of cloths to change into, including shoes, fleece, shirt, towel, jacket, work paperwork, books, etc.

We all stood for a second stunned in sweaty silence…..then alltogether said ‘why did you not leave that lot in the car’?

A very clever banker in the city, but admits himself, that he has no common sence.

[sorry Ric, if you are reading this, see you Wednesday ;-)]

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Some cheese! It was in the same type of bag as my sandwiches and I picked it up by mistake! 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

Likewise with the cheese. I took a chunk out with me thinking it was some homemade choccy flapjack. I ate it anyway; not good after two hours in a hot pack…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

went for a bivvy last summer whilst working at bikevillage. as i was cooking dinner, one of the guides (huw) packed some kit up for me, including a sleeping bag.

off i trot, got to the bivvy spot around 11pm, and pulled out sam’s son’s sleeping bag. he’s 5. it came up to my waist.

for some reason, i didn’t even think to make huw sleep in it!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Love the comedy first response!

Trimix
    Free Member

A few of my mates are daft, does that count ?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Found a bottle of Avon aftershave in my panniers the other day. Don’t know who it belongs to, how it got there or how long it’s been there.
    :/

gazc
    Free Member

not me but on a tour i did with a mate in NZ he had a 12 inch adjustable spanner and a chainwhip in case anything happened to his cassette/wheel. unfortunately as we found when we needed it he had no cassette tool…

tonyg2003

Doing the south downs way in a day last year. One mate was complaining about the weight of his back pack. We stopped for a pincture and opened hi pack. He had a 12inch spanner cassette locking tool and a pair of chain whips when we aske him exactly what he was intending to repair with that lot, he didnt know.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Erstwhile Camelbak dweller, the shock pump. And 26″ tubes.

Despite riding a 29er with rigid forks for the last four months.

hora
    Free Member

1kg of rock that I’d found ontop of Hellvelyn.

Still got it.

crikey
    Free Member

Another bike frame. Went to the shop to pick it up after having the BB threads chased, then met a mate who was off for a pootle so I went along, carrying said frame on my shoulder.

Did 30 miles like that…

sbob
    Free Member

3 litres of Export.
    I meant to take it, the mistake was the decision to take it.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The housephone, didn’t work when I needed .Lots of nice messages on mopbile when I got home asking where the f….. I had got to when I lost track of buddies

danjthomas
    Free Member

I wrapped a small alien in a white blanket and put it in my front basket once. That was embarrasing…

shotsaway
    Free Member

My mate once took his wife by mistake!

She complained the whole time and needless to say he has never taken her riding again. Her brand new bike has sat in the garage for at least the last 2 years.

snakebite
    Free Member

Wifes thong in the pocket of my shorts somehow, possibly from the tumble drier… 😳

enfht
    Free Member

Rohypnol, gaffer tape and a tin of goose fat.

It was an accident OKAY

hora
    Free Member

wifes thong?

When I was younger I always took the knickers as momentos.

Embarrasing forgetting, rummage then whats this in my pocket on public transport

MrSparkle

Dave the Builder. Every bloody Sunday…

donsimon
    Free Member

A wardrobe. 😕

rOcKeTdOg

series 3 of star trek enterprise

smiffy

I carried a large horseshoe with me for a few weeks last summer. I picked it up on the mountain and didn’t feel like removing it for some time. Plenty of tubes for the wrong bike, 23C on MTB, 2″-2.5″ on the road.

brakes
    Free Member

I once cycled 5 miles from the depot with a box containing a Park Tools workstand in.
    It was a windy day.
    Big mistake.
    Similar story involves a 15 litre bucket of tile adhesive.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Went for a ride on Dartmoor & took an OS map of Bodmin Moor with me 😕

Went to show someone a route we had ridden & found it was the wrong one – Lol.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

A packet of sanitary towels. They are of no use to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Daftest thing that you've taken with you riding by mistake?’ is closed to new replies.