Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Daft Punk, 1993-2021
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m gutted 🙁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Channeling their inner Zabriskie Point?
    Sad to see them go.

a11y

That sucks.

johnx2
    Free Member

A shame (as in I don’t know which of their tracks would be my desert island discs but some would). I’d love to have seen them. Can’t believe Random Access Memories was 2013!

jekkyl

Just clocked it and came here to post. Seems to suggest that the shorter one (Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo?) will be carrying on. What a shame though, such fantastic music and now no more. The pressure to produce tunes that match up to the previous calibre too high?
    Would love to hear some Daft Punk drum and bass!

Dark-Side

Just clocked it and came here to post. Seems to suggest that the shorter one (Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo?) will be carrying on.

I’m not sure, the Epilogue is an excerpt from a film they made years ago.

johnx2
    Free Member

love this

Houns

Dammit, I never got to see them live

alcolepone
    Free Member

Saw them live at the astoria in 97, enjoyed their first album but was confused by the change in direction for the second. there third is a turd, and i thought they were a bit rubbish at that point. But their Alive 2007 is outstanding and the best Live electronic album ever.

I wonder what caused their split.

jekkyl

Did their music sound French or did their music create the French sound?

finbar
    Free Member

pothead
    Free Member

Alive 2007 is outstanding and the best Live electronic album ever.

Agreed, the 1997 one is good as well

jeffl

Trump, in that video, he really does look like a Simpsons character, what a gimp.

Side-by-side comparison

Daffy

That’s a massive shame – Their contribution to Tron Legacy turned it from a good film into a truly epic one. The last soundtrack album I ever bought.

Murray

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long – and you have burned so very, very brightly, Daft Punk.

plus-one

That’s 7:40 mins of my life I’ll never get back !! Loved their music why not cobble some of that together to say “**** off we’ve milked you all now we are packing in ?

monkeyboyjc

😭

kelvin

Channeling their inner Zabriskie Point?

Big time. I want to see the whole film now.

kelvin

acidchunks

They could have called it a day 7 years ago and almost no one would have noticed

johnx2
    Free Member

So camp! I would say perfect, but there is a way it could’ve been improved if the guy with the big stick who comes on at the end had marched up to trump and given him the thick end of it, as it looks for a second or two like he’s about to…

somafunk

Worth 20seconds of anyone’s time

csb

So camp! I would say perfect,

How proud would you be if you were Macron sitting there and your team’s band were playing like that as a big f you to that ****.

DezB
    Free Member

Agree with acidchunks up there, if they hadn’t announced it to boost sales of old stuff, no-one would’ve noticed. Clever bit of marketing.

johnx2
    Free Member

if they hadn’t announced it to boost sales of old stuff

…as media blitzes to hype 10 yr old product go, they could probably try a bit harder?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Problem is, when your first single is Da Funk, where do you go from there?

kelvin

Everyone forgets about the Soma singles.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I usually forget about Dre.

mahalo

kinda agree with acidchunks. there was a time where id have been devastated but feel a bit non-plussed to be honest. Homework was the definitive album of my youth!

fooman

Seems to suggest that the shorter one (Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo?) will be carrying on.

Which one is he? Daft or Punk? Will he be able to use both names?

dumbbot
    Free Member

Was there in 97′, Halloween ..Glasgow..Barrowlands…Swedgers..

Everything after Discovery was absolutely pish.

somafunk

johnx2
    Free Member

thought this was where it began?

CountZero

“Daft Punk – just a band…”
    As Scroobius Pip might have said.

sirromj

Agree with acidchunks up there, if they hadn’t announced it to boost sales of old stuff, no-one would’ve noticed. Clever bit of marketing.

Never been a fan of them, but after that long in the industry, why not?

somafunk

Sorry, posted paywalled link

theotherjonv

Interesting comment on radio yesterday, due to their anonymity they could have sold the gig to someone else. Or even franchised it…. multiple Daft Punks all around the world.

Who knows, this could already be happening, with tunes being written from a Bond villainesque Caribbean lair and masked henchmen out doing the ‘hard work’ of touring.

How does anyone know they saw the real Daft Punk? Would you be cheated if you hadn’t?

dumbbot
    Free Member

Interesting wee article from Stuart, Orde and Dave from Soma records about how it all started in Glasgow.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/daft-punk-glasgow-slam-the-19910158

fooman

Interesting comment on radio yesterday, due to their anonymity they could have sold the gig to someone else. Or even franchised it…. multiple Daft Punks all around the world.

For sure, like Blue Man Group! Perhaps they feel they have some artistic integrity that prevents them from doing this, I think it would have been a great idea though.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They could have called it a day 7 years ago and almost no one would have noticed

They did some cool stuff but yeah pretty much.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Daft Punk, 1993-2021’ is closed to new replies.