Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Daft internet question….
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Just fired up the laptop, had to sign back into iGoogle, there is a notification stating my browser is out of date?. It gives a selection to choose Chrome, IE, Firefox etc.

Why have I had this message?.

How will it affect my stuff if I change?

Sure its just simples but I hate fiddling with stuff that if its not broken etc etc.

stumpyjon

Don’t know but I had something pop up this morning about changed terms and conditions on Google so I guess they’ve had some sort of service update.

scotroutes

Still running IE8 then? Google are going to stop supporting that by the end of the year, hence them asking you to either update it (IE9 or 10) or replace it with Firefox or Chrome.

You’re just going to have to take the plunge I’m afraid. That’ll mean a wee bit of a learning curve for you but likely an improved internet experience too.

Going by polls on here, I’d suggest that Chrome is probably the most common amongst STW users.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Google have decided to start using your name and image in adverts, oh they’ve opted you in automatically too.

Opt out here: https://plus.google.com/settings/endorsements?hl=en

Karl33to
    Free Member

Pleeeeease keep your browser up to date, it makes us web developers lives much happier!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks people for the info. MrNutt opted out, thanks for that.

butcher

You’re just going to have to take the plunge I’m afraid. That’ll mean a wee bit of a learning curve for you but likely an improved internet experience too.

Learning curve? You type in where you want to go at the top, and it appears in the middle. Same way it has done for years. OK, little things might change, but for the most part it’ll just give you a better browsing experience. Like upgrading your TV to colour, or HD…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Daft internet question….’ is closed to new replies.