Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Daft evangelists
  • molgrips
    Free Member

In Cardiff today there was a fairly large group of Christian Evangelists wanting to talk to people about Jesus. Just a few yards away a Muslim had set up a table wanting to talk to people about Islam.

The Christians tried to get him to move on, telling him he couldn’t be where he was and he had to leave, taking offence at the fact he was a Muslim. A passer waded in to back up the Muslim since was on his own.

Unbelievable. I didn’t stay for the argument, but on the way back some time later the Christians had gone and the Muslim was still there.

This sounds like the setup for a MrNutt style allegory, but it’s not.

D0NK

surprised you didn’t jump in to the fray.

or were you undecided about which religion you didn’t believe in to stick up for? 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I might have been tempted to set up between them with a “All religion is b*llsh*t” poster…

Then they could both have got together for a nice ecumenical “let’s all beat on the Atheist” fun afternoon.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Next time set up your own table and start offering people “This attactive coffee machine” if they convert to Molgripsology.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m shocked that Muslims and Christians didn’t get on. I don’t think there’s ever been any problems between them before.

scaredypants

I’m shocked that Muslims and Christians didn’t get on. I don’t think there’s ever been any problems between them before

the overseas part of the twinning ceremony for Jerusalem/Camelot got a bit rowdy, IIRR

thegreatape
    Free Member

Next time set up your own table…

It wasn’t his turn to have a stall

vickypea
    Free Member

If one group set up their table first and the second then set their table up purely because of the presence of the first group, that could be seen as a bit confrontational.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surely one lot should have turned the other cheek?

were you undecided about which religion you didn’t believe in to stick up for?

chuckles and my first thoughts as well

molgrips
    Free Member

Christians didn’t have a stall, they were just on foot, which is why I think they buggered off. The point is, the Christians were blatantly not practicing what they actually preach about loving thy neighbour. The Muslim guy was literally their neighbour for the day and they told him to sod off 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

or were you undecided about which religion you didn’t believe in to stick up for?

😀

surfer
    Free Member

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Your appreciation of diversity and sense of righteousness is something to behold.

loum
    Free Member

A disagreement on a Cardiff street that didn’t end in fistycuffs.
    It’s a bloody miracle , that’s what it is.

vickypea
    Free Member

I would probably have tried to get them all to make friends 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m shocked that Muslims and Christians didn’t get on. I don’t think there’s ever been any problems between them before

The bizarre thing is that they both believe in the same god.
    Jews
    Christians
    Muslims
    Same god, different prophets.

enfht
    Free Member

Same god, different prophets

OK smart ass, photos/pictures or it didn’t happen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wordnumb
    Free Member

Not really, Islam considers Jesus a prophet.

In a situation such as that described by molgrips I tend to base my decision on what promotional freebies are available from either stall. Biros are good, so long as the organisation hasn’t bought those cheap pens with hardly any ink, a kite would also be a good idea so long as the beach isn’t particularly crowded – though of course everyone on a beach should wear a helmet at all times as they are potentially dangerous places.

molgrips
    Free Member

Muslim guy had some material, Christians didn’t. He also put P.B.U.H after the prophet’s name instead of writing out ‘peace be upon him’ which I found amusing 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

The bizarre thing is that they both believe in the same god.
    Jews
    Christians
    Muslims

The proper order should be …

Egyptian Gods … the Egyptian started the concept first.
    Jews
    Christians
    Muslims

Then they try to better each other but then the original ones have been claimed by the Egyptian.

Coyote
    Free Member

Jews
    Christians
    Muslims

If we are being Middle-Eastern centric. Other continents may disagree in pan-theonistic origins. 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

Coyote – Member

Jews
    Christians
    Muslims

If we are being Middle-Eastern centric. Other continents may disagree in pan-theonistic origins.

Yes, of course others may disagree but since the thread started with Abrahamic faith I thought I would start from the Egyptian … 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Daft evangelists’ is closed to new replies.