Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • DadTrackWorld – Reusable Nappies
  • Paulio
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    STOP

We have two or three binbags of the buggers. Please take them from us!

Molgrips – you’re Cardiff based I think. I may be interested in these.

EDIT: crossed post – competition!

timrobinson229
    Free Member

Can pick up if cardiff based. If available that is!

Dylan08
    Free Member

Good advice from the wanderer above, we followed a very similar path. Now have a happy and healthy three year old and will use the same method/products when number 2 comes along! Enjoy.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am, and feel free to pop over to Pontprennau.

We’ve got about 15 or so 0-12m ish bamboo old style Tots Bots nappies like these, with wraps, boosters and reusable fleecy liners

Then a similar number of the bigger size, but few wraps – we destroyed most of them using Milton clothes steriliser, we think.

We’ve then got 3 Tots Bots easyfit like this

And 8 of their predecessors, which are the same but cotton lined instead of furry stuff.

We were hoping for a small amount of cash for the lot.

Ooh, I see I have two takers.. 🙂 Open or sealed bid auction? 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

It’s easy. So easy, cheaper and better for everyone that I am flabbergasted the number of seemingly intelligent parents who use disposables.

We’ve used re-usable nappies since our daughter was two weeks old – she’s now 2 and 3 months. I don’t think I could honestly say it’s as convenient as disposables, but it’s no great hardship, as long as you accept the washing machine will be on every other day.

You’ll find when bambino goes on to solids there will be a greater need for a bucket with some detergent in as a pre-soak.

We’ve never had any problems with nappy rash.

brakes
    Free Member

we use disposables but don’t go through many, maybe three a day. it makes for good weight training. I estimate a £700 spend on disposables over 2 years.

if you’re washing reusable ones, do you put them on as a separate load and do you scrape the poop out before-hand or put it in the washing machine fully loaded?
    we struggle to keep up with the washing as it is and have little room for drying stuff (no tumble dryer) so the reusable option was binned.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, we didn’t pre-soak, but I did consider it. but there’d have been a lot of solids floating about in the bucket…

Oh, re the nappies, they are in very good condition, having not been boiled. The easy-fits are only about 6 months old.

cb

Knowaste in the West Midlands are recycling disposables (and lady sponges) now or at least they were. Suspended operation whilst re-locating I think. Parts of Cheshire and Wales now offer kerbside collection of disposables and will ‘feed’ the plant.

They get shredded, sterilised and then filtered – plastics one way, cellulose another way. not exactly what the OP asked but anyway…

ransos
    Free Member

if you’re washing reusable ones, do you put them on as a separate load and do you scrape the poop out before-hand or put it in the washing machine fully loaded?

We use the paper liners so usually there’s no scraping required. That said, they don’t catch everything so we still pre-soak the number two nappies.

We have enough nappies and re-usable wipes to do a full separate load once every three days. We dry the nappies overnight on a rack and use a dehumidifier to speed it up.

Hmm, we didn’t pre-soak, but I did consider it. but there’d have been a lot of solids floating about in the bucket…

Yep, we tip the bucket down the loo. Much better than the solids clogging up the washing machine!

molgrips
    Free Member

As above, straight in. Never had a clogged washing machine. When they are on milk the poo is like melted ice cream so it washes away – as toddlers it gets worse, so a few needed scraping, but not many. Only issue is sweetcorn…

I’ll have to do a stock-take on the nappies I have btw, will take some pics and post up numbers. We do have a lot so may split. Oh, I’ve also got 50 cheeky wipes too.

timrobinson229
    Free Member

Wife now not sure so ill leave it….

rudebwoy
    Free Member

makes you wonder how the human race has got this far 🙄

crankboy
    Free Member

we used them till 25 months i.e. last week. But from about 9 months used disposables for night and trips away .

No problems re rash. We used liners to throw the poo down the toilet and spatulas to scrape off any excess. Lots of laundry but no expense buying nappies to throw away . We got some second hand and some free from the council . Early on we had some funky leopard print and tiger print ones (photos saved for his 18th birthday)

molgrips
    Free Member

Get your wife on this thread. It’s a piece of cake, and it saves loads of money.

Paulio
    Free Member

Boom, the competition is gone!

Molgrips – can you send me an email with details once you’ve done your stock take?

molgrips
    Free Member

Will do.

Also got a cot bed cluttering up our garage, if you know anyone.

Paulio
    Free Member

I’ll run it by my other half but we may be interested in that too. In for a penny.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah it’ll be cheap. It’s a nice mamas and papas one, couple of years’ use, but she chewed part of it so the coating (it’s not paint) is flaked off in places. Converts to a day bed, and comes with a nice coir mattress (obviously only if your babe is old enough for a second hand mattress). We weren’t looking for much for it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Correction. The M&P cot bed is gone, the one we have is an older pine M&P one that we painted white and also got chewed. It converts into an actual bed. It’s pretty battered but is fully functional, you can have thar for free. There are still two mattresses in there though for some reason.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

We have been using reusables for the last 18 months and worked out very well, as the initial cost is pretty high but works out a lot cheaper in the long run. We used http://www.fill-your-pants.com and got tot bots v3 and bamboo ones. Also got waterproof nappy covers from boots

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘DadTrackWorld – Reusable Nappies’ is closed to new replies.