Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dadstrackworld baby seats depression
  • Rich_s

Evening all.

Fished the little lady’s car seat out of the back of the car after 20 months to find that it’s left a decent size depression in the seat foam.

I’ve left it alone for a couple of days and it hasn’t got any better; any ideas how to revive it? It’s a lease car so I’m guessing they’re going to spot it when it goes back in 3 months time.

Cover is fine, no damage. Just an ‘ole underneath. By the looks of things I also need to invest in a metric tonne of dried ketchup stain remover too :rollseyes:

madhouse

Have you tried giving it a rub/prod? Sounds like the foam’s got compressed and needs working to get it back to its original shape – think kneading dough.

Just a thought.

v8ninety

I gave a lease car back a couple of months ago, and whilst the chap found plenty of little issues, he hardly paid any attention to the interior, esp the rear. I shouldn’t worry too much.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Steam iron or steam gun..

TheDTs
    Free Member

Baby seat on other side with a bag of sand. Strapped in

match both up and say it was always like that, always had complaints from passengers etc.

Rich_s

Haha, loving the idea of a matching pair. But it is quite large!

Have tried rubbing it a bit – will redouble the efforts.

Re steam iron, is that in contact with the seat or just blasting steam onto it?

johnners
    Free Member

Be patient for now, and give it a couple of weeks before you try anything like steam. Just keep load off the area and try and park the car in the sun so it gets good and warm inside. It’s had months of loading, give it time to recover if it’s going to.

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s a lease car so I’m guessing they’re going to spot it when it goes back in 3 months time.

Never bothered with my last two cars which have gone back like that – and I think they would be very hard pressed (see what I did there) to charge you for it if the lease is covered by the BVRLA guidelines as I am pretty sure there is no mention of it in their Code.

Edit – on the last car it stretched the leather seats which I doubt will ever recover.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sounds like the foam’s got compressed and needs working to get it back to its original shape – think kneading dough.

Could be interesting, just try not to add further staining…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dadstrackworld baby seats depression’ is closed to new replies.