• This topic has 64 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Dad advice… Daughters first kiss.
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Daughter had her first kiss with her boyfriend last week at 12 1/2 years old. When she told me i was calm and collected and didn’t freak out as i want her to talk to me openly. I just smiled and the conversation then moved along.

But inside i am having a minor meltdown!!

Dads – How old were your sons / daughters when this happened? Is this standard now?

convert

These days amongst teens/ preteens snogging is 2nd base. First base is sending images to each other of your bits.

Hope that helps.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Massively, thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IHN

How old were you the first time you kissed a girl? I was probably about 12 1/2 years old.

Cougar

How old were you the first time you kissed a girl? I was probably about 12 1/2 years old.

Properly kissed, probably 19…

SaxonRider

I was probably about 12 when I first kissed a girl; I’ll be 48 in a few weeks.

I imagine context has a lot to do with how far people go how quickly. I mean, young people I encounter don’t seem to be nearly as interested in the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing as I remember being, and I don’t see many having a snog in public.

I assumed it was a cultural thing, but make of that what you will.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I was 15 or 16. But i remember i was a bit late compared to others in my year.

andybrad

Mines got a boyfriend already and shes 4 1/2.

I turned up at the school gates with a spade the next day to bury the kid and realised it wasnt as bad as expected.

im genuinely scared.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m sure she’ll be thrilled that you’re telling the internet about it.

Drac

12 wasn’t unusual when I was a kid. I’ve 2 daughters and none have had a boyfriend yet and they’re older than 12.

I don’t think there’s a normal.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’m sure she’ll be thrilled that you’re telling the internet about it.

Surprise, blackflag isn’t my real name.

Dickyboy

Just one word of advice, when she’s older & you need to drown out certain noises coming from her bedroom, don’t put “Clare” by Fairground Attraction almost any other tune on the hifi would have been fine but this at high volume is not the one to pick.. 😬

And over the rooftops when the stars prickle the skies
    London is sleeping and the Mississippi moon shines
    I hear them making love
    I hear them making love
    I hear them making love
    I hear them making love
    I hear them making love
    I hear them making love
    I hear them making love

Cougar

Well, I for one know what is.

nbt

I know Blackflag’s real name. I also know where he works…

Blackflag
    Free Member

Do you? Have we met? I only know two people on here. Or so i thought….

Blackflag
    Free Member

And NBT is one of them

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mines got a boyfriend already and shes 4 1/2

Mine too, she’s 5.

I think it’s sweet, he’s a funny little lad. Their birthdays are quite close so I’m going to ask his Parents if they fancy a joint birthday party – because half the cost and work of that shitstorm will suit me!

yetidave
    Free Member

Was about 17 for me (had a driving licence) and went from behind the game, to well infront in one evening..

mogrim

Mine got off with some boy last Friday, mind you she’ll be 16 in a couple of weeks. Past caring these days 😀

ajaj
    Free Member

If that’s in the role of volunteer moderator then you really shouldn’t, because that’s quite naughty.

Cougar

Hm. That’s a point actually, perhaps we shouldn’t. I’ll flag it up with Mark.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ll flag it up with Mark.

You can’t be bandying real names about like that willy-nilly.

Codenames only 😉

stevie750

Is it minor threat?

Cougar

I’ll have you know that Willy Nilly is not my real name.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I know. I know your real name.*

You also might have a sister named Teresa

*Am I in breach of GDPR or something?

Cougar

Indeed.

You know my real first name, I think very few know my surname. I mean, it wouldn’t take a vast amount of sleuthing to work it out, but I’ve never mentioned it on STW in case some disgruntled banee gets some funny ideas.

perchypanther
    Free Member

mean, it wouldn’t take a vast amount of sleuthing to work it out,

It didn’t.

I have detailed files.

Murray

My eldest is 13 and is fully aware of my taste in Youtube (I actually got into the channel trying to see how on earth the UK managed to make such a mess of the SA80)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ForgottenWeapons

binners

Binnerette number 1 came out when she was 14. We were ecstatic. One less thing to worry about 😀

Blackflag
    Free Member

stevie750. Correct. Although i prefer Mr Minor Threat these days due to advancing years and delusions of grandeur.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My eldest came out when she was 14.

She’s not…..Southern is she?

You must be devastated.

mogrim

You must be devastated.

Worse. Vegetarian.

MrOvershoot

perchypanther

You must be devastated.

Thanks Perchy that made me laugh on an otherwise dark day.

IHN

Just the name of your unsurprisingly unsuccessful Grindr profile?

trailwagger
    Free Member

judging by TikTok content most 12 year old girls are doing much more than kissing!

chewkw
    Free Member

Dads – How old were your sons / daughters when this happened? Is this standard now?

Don’t know about you folks but I had my first kiss at 17 (a car license helps). She was a bit liberal as she spent most of her younger years overseas. Just kiss and no touching of “assets” was permitted. Then she went away to Canada to study and we lost touch. Did not have another kiss until I was 21. Our local girls would only hold hands in private and stay at distance while in public. Definitely No public kissing regardless of age.

Over here I have seen kids kissing at 10 – 12 year old (definitely pre-teen) like an adult i.e. sucking the hell out of each other face 😬 The girls were already wearing make up 😮

Cougar

judging by TikTok content most 12 year old girls are doing much more than kissing!

Why are you watching TikTok content of 12-year old girls?

MoreCashThanDash

I had a fantastic week away when I was 13, tried my first proper kiss with a 12 year old, then got shown properly by a 14 year old.

My lad had his first “more than friends” girlfriend at 14. I imagine there was snogging involved. For a lad who was very against any physical proximity with anyone, she was very actually good for him, and they are still good friends. 2 years on and he still has no idea why she dumped him apparently.

Daughter is 13 and not aware of any boyfriends or kissing as yet. But she is quite mature for her age and apparently the boys are not 😄

From what I see and hear, kids either don’t get physical as quickly as maybe my generation did, or they go straight to it and shared it FaceTik or something. One extreme or the other.

Cougar

From what I see and hear, kids either don’t get physical as quickly as maybe my generation did, or they go straight to it and shared it FaceTik or something. One extreme or the other.

I was told by a potentially unreliable source that a popular form of contraception for teens these days is to use the tradesman’s entrance.

You’re welcome.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Why are you watching TikTok content of 12-year old girls?

because both my 12 yr old daughters are on there and I want to know what they are watching/doing online….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Dad advice… Daughters first kiss.’ is closed to new replies.