DAB Radio

Home Forum Chat Forum DAB Radio

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • DAB Radio
  • Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Harry Garlick’s in Burnley have a big sale on at the mo.

Just picked up a Pure Evoke 2S for £79.99.
    That’s nearly a ton off the list price.

New, not seconds, refurb or returns.

Worth giving them a ring, they’ve loads of DAB bargains at the mo.

bobgarrod

DAB radios used to be known as Destroy All Batteries, so a rechargeable might have a short playtime. Got no knowledge of rechargeable myself though Pure Dabs seem very good (mains)

It has to be a personal DAB that I can keep on me as we have to plug the into noise cancelling ear phones.

Premier Icon chorlton
    Subscriber

I’m after a new DAB radio so think I’ll have a trip over to Burnley tomorrow and get one of those Pure’s. Might be a bit posh for work though but I’m fed up of the cheap supermarket DAB radios packing up after a year or less. Gone through about 3 or 4 of them at £40/£50 a time.
    False economy that is.

Hi guys could someone recommend an personel DAB, has to be rechargeable, only looking to spend around £30 – 40 as it’s for work and will get knocked around a bit.

Cheers

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Last week they had 3 of the 2S’s left, a couple of the standard 1’s and a Marshall Amp edition of the 1 as well.
    Quite a few bargain Roberts sets too.
    All new stock they needed to turnover.

Might be worth ‘phoning to see what’s left.
    I can really recommend the 2S though, the sound quality is amazing.

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

I know one of these going since 1966. New valves, but that’s it.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Niiiice.
    They sound lovely with a decent stereo decoder.
    How many must have ended up in skips?

I picked one of these up a few years ago for £70.00 new:

Limited edition Roberts Revival Jaguar model.
    Sounds lovely, Connolly Leather covered, just need the car to match 😀

The last new one is currently for sale at a thousand Euro’s 😯

allthegear

If its just for headphone use, have you considered just using a smartphone and whatever app you need for your radio station?

Chances are, the audio quality will be better (dab is very old tech at low bit rate)

Rachel

trail_rat

Chances are you wont have 3g if your outside of population centres though

Odd occasion where dab drops but mostly its fine 🙂

grim168

got a personal dab from asda for 22 quid the other day. It takes aaa batteries. So i bought some rechargables from 7day shop and the jobs a good un. Its a bit plasticy but for the money who cares

Felofagen

I got a Makita DAB site radio from Screwfix last year for £99.

Sound quality is excellent. It does eat batteries, but with tool high capacity tool batteries readily available, not too much of a problem.

Depending on what cordless tools you already have, there are a number of manufacturers who also produce Site radios

Yeah I’ve tried the radio app but signal drops off all the time so it’s time for a DAB as I lost the charger for my old fone that had an fm radio on it.
    I’ll have a look to see if that one comes back into stock at Asda Grim cheers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘DAB Radio’ is closed to new replies.