Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cyclopark – Gravesend.
  • lucien

Trying to find new places to ride, close-ish. Anyone ride here? What’s it like? Looking at the surrounding area there is some countryside and paths shown on the map, and seems like I could etch out a reasonable XC route. It’s only 20 min from Stratford Intl on the train, which is why its catching my eye….

leegee

It’s okay for a single visit, after about 90 mins you’ll be bored. there are some good trails within riding distance at Cobham, I’m sure gravesendgrunt will be along in a bit as he knows the area very well.
    Other side of the Medway bridge has some fantastic trails but the ground is chalk and clay so a complete bog at the minute.

cchris2lou

As above not worth going just for the mtb trails.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

As the other guys said there isn’t much for mountain bikers in Cyclopark I only rode in there once on the opening day.
    There is indeed loads of nice expansive riding out from and around Gravesend though it’s about as far from it’s dry best as it could be at the moment.If you was to start in Gravesend I’d look to head out east as you can pick up a nice quiet offroad gravel route that runs along side the train line heading out to Higham and from there head South to find some nice woodland riding,Shorne Country park,Cobham and the North Downs and beyond.It may well be better for and make more sense to jump off train in Higham ( the stop after Gravesend) for a rural start/finish there .

lucien

Cheers, thanks for the replies – I might wait for the better weather at least before making specific plans and also have another look at the OS map…

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Here you go Lucien-a nice 22 miles (ish) ride for you that’s offroad straight out of Higham station and back,taking in some fun stuff-even some jumps.

Higham,Shorne and Cobham

lucien

gravesendgrunt

Here you go Lucien-a nice 22 miles (ish) ride for you that’s offroad straight out of Higham station and back,taking in some fun stuff-even some jumps.

Higham,Shorne and Cobham

Cheers, that’s great and thank you for remembering; – and next weekends riding sorted….. 🙂

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Lucien -I’m about and riding on Saturday this weekend if you want some guiding .

lucien

Lucien -I’m about and riding on Saturday this weekend if you want some guiding .

Posted 1 day ago REPLY | REPORT

Have PM’d you via this forum (I hope) and this also has my email address.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cyclopark – Gravesend.’ is closed to new replies.