Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cyclocross wheels/tyres- who uses Tubs?
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

How do you get on with them? I know in terms of performance they’re supposed to be really good, but what about setting them up, keeping on the rim, changing etc etc?
    are they a nightmare or easy ?

advice sought – thanks 🙂

summitsup
    Free Member

Not been a CX’er excuse my ignorance, But just wondered if there were any tubeless systems for CX bikes available? surely this ticks the boxes for light weight and puncture resistance? Gap in the market maybe.

DenDennis
    Free Member

yeah I think Stans do road/CX size rims for use with certain tyres and rim strip. Have a look on justridingalong.

RE- tubs, just concerned about the idea of sticking tyres on and all that…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

There are tubeless systems available, they are a halfway house between tubes and tubs.

I run tubs and love them. I ran the same tyres all season, despite them being a mud specific pattern. Next season I’ll get another set of wheels and run a dry pattern, something like a Dugast Pipistrello.

Well worth it in my opinion. Never had any issues, even glueing wasn’t half as bad as people like to make out.

Ran mine between 22 and 27 psi.

DenDennis
    Free Member

cheers, swedish.
    never had any roll off unexpectedly? I take it if installed properly hopefully its not really an issue.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Ridden tubs in cx races for the first time this season just gone and they have been a revelation. I followed the 3 coats of glue on the rim and 3 on the tub method of sticking them on and they have not budged at all, even running at 20 psi. I’m 68kgs. Every thing seems easier; Traction on climbs, cornering, trudging through the gloop….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross wheels/tyres- who uses Tubs?’ is closed to new replies.