Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Cyclocross summer league Bristol
  • eskay

I agree, last night was the most fun I have had on a bike for quite a while.

For those who did not go, the course was unique. Some sections on the new Bath closed circuit tarmac race track, some of the Bath BMX track (jumps and berms) and some quite challenging single track.

Well done to the organisers!

I cannot make Warmley but should be at Oldbury (I think they were saying last night that Lockleaze has now moved to the end of the series).

Candodavid
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=FkfEe2vtz4A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFkfEe2vtz4A%26feature%3Dyoutu.be[/video]

Not taken by me, but found this morning

trickydisco
    Free Member

yea. awesome course.. more xc than cx. Pretty techncial. Was cursing bringing the cx bike when i did the warm up lap but once into was okay

loads of photos out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richlewt/with/9148034523/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dynamitedotorg/sets/72157634342069247/

eskay.. did you say hello around the course?

even someone riding a fat front

eskay

Yes. That was me. There were some pussies on the jumps!

eskay

Nice one!

I cannot make the Warmley round and with Lockleaze moving to the end of the series I won’t be riding one until Oldbury on the 17th.

seanbolton
    Free Member

Good course on Wednesday evening, a bit of everything in a 1 mile circuit. Tarmac, grass, singletrack, BMX jump and berm, tricky descent and climb in the woods.

Good for MTBers too. On my warmup lap I was wishing I had brought my 29er but it was fine on a cross bike. I lost it twice on the cut grass track, it got very slippy as the race wore on.

And I was one of the pussies on the jumps 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

Looking to pop over the bridge this evening. Whats the course like at Warmley ?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Did you race?

it was bone dry.. bit of a climb, rutted and some narrow singletrack.

Loved the course although turned up a bit late and only had 10minutes warm up. Managed 6th place but was holding off 6th place guy for 6 laps until he took me on the last lap and i couldn’t respond

Next race in 2 weeks

taxi25
    Free Member

Came over in the end, I was in the dodgy looking yellow VW T4. N022 all in black with a white Helmet. I enjoyed it, good course, made a nice change to do cyclocross on a fast dry track. No idea where I finished, probably my usuall mid pack. Did notice there aren’t as many vets as in S.Wales. There was only one other V50 as far as I could see. Loads more of us old boys across the channel !! Deff try and do another one.

eskay

Couldn’t ride last night but I hope to do the last two of the series.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Missed this one due to arriving back late from london, up for the next one though

Candodavid
    Free Member

Is tomorrow cancelled?

eskay

Yes, the Lockleaze race will now be after the Oldbury one (on the 24th July).

It would have been a good night for it tomorrow!

trickydisco
    Free Member

oldbury court estate this Wednesday! (last week wasn’t on which was good for me as i was on hols)

Candodavid
    Free Member

I should be there, I’ll be the slow guy mooching round on the ritchey 😕

eskay

Hope to make it but I have a lot on tonight and have to replace the hanger on my bike and may not get a chance to do it. I should still be there with the kids though.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Tough tough race last night. So hot i suffered like a dog

Totally dropped off the pace towards the end and got overtaken by 2 guys with 2 laps to go (after building up a gap of 300 metres for 7 laps)

Although I did speak to them at the end and they said they were working together to get to me

trickydisco
    Free Member

Good to meet you eskay!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Balls, got stuck in traffic and missed the start, consoled my self at home with a couple of hours of paperwork instead

eskay

Good to meet you eskay!

And you Mr Disco!

I should be riding the last round next week (if it is on).

How did you get on last night?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Horrible /\ read up there.. I totally blew with 2 laps to go

eskay

I thought it would be tough. Did you have anyone to hand a drink to you?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Nope.. no drinks. mouth was dry as old boots

Was anyone else drinking? I’ve got no bottle cages on my bike but noticed some riders had

trickydisco
    Free Member

Lockleaze race is on this wednesday

Dream Cycling can confirm that next Wednesday’s Western Summer Cyclocross League event is ON! The council has thankfully confirmed venue. So details…… Dream Cycling Cyclocross Lockleaze Open Space Romney Avenue @ the junction of Stanfield Close Bristol Wednesday 24th July Under 12s – 6.30pm – Free Youth/Jun/Wom/Vets/Sen 7.00pm – £4/£11 Please pass details onto anyone you think wants to ride

eskay

Anyone ride last night? I could not get over.

What was the course like, were there many there?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Working…..again

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep.. i rode.. came 6th. Nice course actually with some real techy bits

It was the last one. Managed 6th in the league overall which i’m pleased with (beaten by .17 of a point from the organiser.)

Bring on the winter season!

eskay

Well done, great result! Do you have a link for the final standings?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers! was gutted last week as i got into 3rd at 1 point.. then lost places towards the end (always happens as i tail off)

final standings here

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross summer league Bristol’ is closed to new replies.