Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cyclocross/Gravel Tyres
  • SaxonRider

I have a few ideas in mind, but I am just wondering what STW thinks before I commit.

In any case, I need two sets of tyres for my CX, but am looking for suggestions for only one set in particular.

For this set, I need to be able to commute with efficiency and safety, AND be able to ride the winter-beaten roads of South Wales with a little trail thrown in. I would like the tyre to be tough and fast-rolling, with enough extra traction to handle a little more than tarmac alone.

My current idea is either the Challenge Gravel Grinder or the Challenge Strada Bianca, the first of which is 33; the second of which is 35. At the same time, there is at least one Conti, one Schwalbe, and one Panaracer offering that interests me.

So, fire away. What do you lot think?

orangespyderman

An no WTB offering? Looking at the two you’ve linked to, would a Byway not be good?

k1100t
    Free Member

I’m running 700c x 40mm Conti Terra Trail on my NS RAG+. They’re useless in the current off road slop, zero traction on the rear while climbing and the front wanders all over the place faced with muddy bridleway. Get them on dry gravel(ish) roads/trails, on the other hand, and they fly; they’re not too bad on-road either. Probably not what you want though…

trailwagger
    Free Member

Donnelly x`plor ?

MoreCashThanDash

The WTB Riddlers on my Arkrose proved very puncture prone with tubes, and bastards to get on and off, but now seem happy enough set up tubeless.

I’d suggest Schwalbe G Ones if they aren’t on your list, and Gravel Kings if you need a bit more off road grip

13thfloormonk

I’m looking for something similar, not too fussed about mud performance.

Was starting to settle on Vittoria Terreno Zero or Terreno Dry, nice mix of slick in centre, tread on edges.

Currently have some cheap Kenda Kwick Tendrils which are just this, slick in centre, some tread on edge, and they’re not too bad in most conditions, haven’t tried them in mud.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bonty GR1 they work pretty well in the mud as well great on road and gravel fast tyre

fasthaggis

Been using Clement X’Plor MSOs ,working well on my mixed terrain commute.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Gravel King SK’s…sorted

cogglepin

Another for Donnelly xplor

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Vittoria terreno dry are a better bet than the zeros if you’re doing some trails as well.

weeksy

WTB Cross Boss.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross/Gravel Tyres’ is closed to new replies.