Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • Cyclist Vigilante interviewed on jeremy vine just now..
  • dereknightrider
    Free Member

I’m sorry dude if it’s someone on here, but 70 prosecutions?’ you came across like a sanctimonious prick.

What a world it has come to that snitches are hailed as heroes.

wwaswas

What a world it has come to that snitches are hailed as heroes

good troll 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Did he wear a cape?

cynic-al
    Free Member

2/10.

Derek is Jeremy Clarkson.

project
    Free Member

70 DANGEROUS ILLEGAL DRIVERS ARE NOW HAVEING A FINE AND POINTS, MAKE THEM THINK NEXT TIME

timmys

70 DANGEROUS ILLEGAL DRIVERS ARE NOW HAVEING A FINE AND POINTS, MAKE THEM THINK NEXT TIME

Calm down dear.

njee20
    Free Member

scotroutes

Thanks dereknightrider. Now I know how successful that guy is I’ll be making sure I have a camera on my bike at all times.

MSP

Vigilante = Someone who takes the law into their own hands.

70 prosecutions

I guess you meant that a public spirited individual reported offences to the authorities, which clearly isn’t the same thing.

T666DOM

The Jeremy Vine farcebook page is a delight to behold on this interview, the usual reasonable debate from the daily mail reading mentalists

STATO
    Free Member

A world that isn’t stuck in the 70’s? See also other thread re ‘no place for women’.

stevied
    Free Member

If 70 people have been fairly prosecuted for breaking the law I fail to see what he is doing wrong.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

Ha why am I not surprised at the response.. Well whatever, it’s the way things are these days, interesting the only guy who despaired on the radio was a 70 yr old yorkshire guy who made the valid point if this is the way it has to be and everyone starts doing it can you all guarantee every journey you take is mistake free?

Whilst I fully sympathise and indeed have been victim to car driving ****, 70 prosecutions? I’m sorry that smacks of sensationalism and would be super hero nerdism, then he proclaims it to the world, name and everything, don’t think I’d be quite so proud of that achievement, certainly not with attitudes like my own personal view of grasses.

I wish him everything he deserves.

Northwind

dereknightrider – Member

70 prosecutions? I’m sorry that smacks of sensationalism

It seems unlikely, but sensationalism? Not sure what you mean by that. You do know it’s not the individual who decides whether to prosecute?

wwaswas

my own personal view of grasses

read the reports into child abuse in Oxford today?

Good job those social workers, police officers and teachers gave those kids reporting their abusers short shrift, eh? No one likes a grass, after all.

nickc

don’t think I’d be quite so proud of that achievement, certainly not with attitudes like my own personal view of grasses.

You’re an idiot.

HTH

dereknightrider
    Free Member

You’ll all be happy no doubt when the result of actions by idiots like this has you all sporting number plates so they can get you back, it’s only fair after all..

wwaswas

so we should tolerate law breaking by others now in case ‘bad things’ happen to us in the future?

lemonysam
    Free Member

You’ll all be happy no doubt when the result of actions by idiots like this has you all sporting number plates so they can get you back, it’s only fair after all..

You’re an idiot.

HTH

stevied
    Free Member

So, using your logic on grasses, if a he had filmed that poor lad being stabbed in London and passed on the info to the police which resulted in the offender being done for murder would your thoughts be any different?

aracer
    Free Member

Just for the sake of argument I’ll ignore most of your posts and assume you’re a rational person capable of making an argument – why do you think prosecuting drivers breaking the law will result in cyclists having to use number plates?

You’re sending him your thanks? Well make your mind up.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m sorry mate, but you listen to Jeremy Vine? I wish you everything you deserve… 🙂

MSP

my own personal view of grasses.

And don’t get me started on the police, they are just professional grasses with too much power, picking on those poor criminals.

Northwind

dereknightrider – Member

Random nonsequitor is random and unsequitish

project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b053zk4pn from 1 hr 10 mins in,

Good bloke, trained and licenced bus driver, commutes 40 miles per day, then drives a large pcv all day thank you Dave Sherry.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    dereknightrider » You’ll all be happy no doubt when the result of actions by idiots like this has you all sporting number plates so they can get you back, it’s only fair after all..
    Just for the sake of argument I’ll ignore most of your posts and assume you’re a rational person capable of making an argument – why do you think prosecuting drivers breaking the law will result in cyclists having to use number plates?

Well lets take it to its logical conclusion shall we, you’re all as I would expect pretty happy with what he’s doing, indeed probably a lot of you also do it, so the car drivers are pretty shortly going to cry victimisation, fit their own cameras (some are doing that already) to catch all your mates running red lights, bouncing up and down pavements, of course it’s none of us, we all cycle totally responsibly, but those cabbies, they’ll make a powerful argument for rear number plates and with that? Guess what? Tax for the privilege.

Mark my words, action like this is what provokes that sort of response, 70 private prosecutions, that’s not many surely some of you can do better than that? Pile in, eat it up…

Civilians doing the states job for them hmm what’s that called again?

Anyone for Godwin?

wwaswas

70 private prosecutions

Are you sure they’re private prosecutions or just him reporting drivers to the police?

STATO
    Free Member

Civilians capturing evidence ina situation where the police are not present…

Don’t need licence plates for most cyclists anyway, not like we are hiding behind tinted glass, I ride the same road everyday as well.

And 70 convictions, not slaps on the wrist, serious treatment of serious offences.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    70 private prosecutions

Are you sure they’re private prosecutions or just him reporting drivers to the police?

No you’re probably right, technically not private prosecutions, he talked about state controlled websites you can go on to report your fellow citizens..

wanmankylung
    Free Member

My view on “grasses” is this: If you are stupid enough to let someone see you do something illegal then you deserve to be prosecuted. Only the shit criminals get caught.

wwaswas

state controlled websites you can go on to report your fellow citizens..

only the ones doing wrong, surely?

“If you’ve done nothing wrong you’ve nothing to fear”

imnotverygood

, fit their own cameras (some are doing that already) to catch all your mates running red lights, bouncing up and down pavements, of course it’s none of us, we all cycle totally responsibly,

Ah. I see. You ride like an idiot so that is why you feel threatened.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    state controlled websites you can go on to report your fellow citizens..

only the ones doing wrong, surely?

“If you’ve done nothing wrong you’ve nothing to fear”

Doing wrong is a matter of opinion, not always your own and in a state such as this has become something that is constantly changing for the worse.

You should try a speed awareness course some time, see just how many rules there are now since you took your test.

bigblackshed

[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Maker[/url]

wwaswas

Doing wrong is a matter of opinion

well, in this case it’s a matter of law but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good troll, eh.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Civilians doing the states job for them hmm what’s that called again?

er…the police are civilians. Didn’t they teach you about the Peterloo massacre and Robert Peel at school?
    Evil triumphs when good men (and women) do nothing…

aracer
    Free Member

Not my mates, and good I hope they do. They’ll find that just like the cyclists with cameras most of the people breaking the law are drivers. You and all your driver mates on that JV FB page are missing the point that if you drive legally and safely you won’t be prosecuted – good drivers, even if they never ride a bicycle should be thanking him too.

those cabbies, they’ll make a powerful argument for rear number plates and with that? Guess what? Tax for the privilege.

A powerful argument, just like the one you’re making here? 😆 Tax? Srsly? I’m quite happy to pay VED on my bicycle using the same charging system as used for cars if that’s what you’re suggesting will happen 🙄

Mark my words, action like this is what provokes that sort of response,

Lots of drivers who break the law getting all worked up and frothing at the mouth demanding something must be done about people who help the police enforce the law? I’m sure those in power will give that all the attention it deserves.

Anyone for Godwin?

You’re feeling the need to deflect the argument by resorting to that already?

STATO
    Free Member

Doing wrong is a matter of opinion, not always your own.

people always say this, but it’s pretty obvious what is ‘popular opinion’ ina current climate, not that it changes what you can be prosecuted for. That’s kind of fixed in law.

Northwind

dereknightrider – Member

so the car drivers are pretty shortly going to cry victimisation

And everyone will laugh at them

aracer
    Free Member

Is it time to talk about zombie maggots yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist Vigilante interviewed on jeremy vine just now..’ is closed to new replies.