Cyclist on closed Forth Road Bridge on news

Home Forum Chat Forum Cyclist on closed Forth Road Bridge on news

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cyclist on closed Forth Road Bridge on news
  • Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

C’mon own up, who was it ?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Probably one of the blokes from my work 😀

(To be fair, what else are you meant to do? The trains won’t take bikes and diverting to the Kincardine Bridge adds about 30 miles to the trip)

cynic-al

wh’appened?

bikebouy

Did he manual all the way over ?!??? 😀

gears_suck

(To be fair, what else are you meant to do? The trains won’t take bikes and diverting to the Kincardine Bridge adds about 30 miles to the trip)

“Trains.” What trains?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Well yeah, that too!

They said he was taking his life into his own hands – not really, not like he has the surface area of the side of a lorry.

Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

According to the BBC he “took his life in his hands”. I couldn’t make out if he was wearing a helmet ….

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Probably aracer…

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Probably safer than mixing with traffic.

Was it TJ evading a friendly dog?

daveh

Contemplated doing the same when the M1 was closed owing to the possible failure of the reservoir dam. Thought if plod came I could just pop over the central reservation! Bottled it in the end of course!

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Did he head can it and shout ‘oiiiii’ loudly at every gust of wind?

wordnumb

wh’appened?

High winds made the bridge come alive.

jojoA1

I immediately wondered if it was “one of us”. Looked exciting.

My colleagues were astounded that I’d run into work this morning. “In this weather?!!!” Yup, it was great fun!! Dodging wheelie bins and fallen branches all over.

Premier Icon Smudger666
    Subscriber

What has amused me today, is the news (unconfirmed by me as yet) that the police were on the exits of the bridge handing out careless driving tickets to anyone ignoring the ‘cars only’ signs.

kcr

Well done that cyclist. I got to the bridge and chickened out because I reckoned there was too much heat to risk it. I don’t mind getting shouted at by the jobsworth bridge employees, but the police would probably have made an issue of it.
    The cycling was OK this morning by 8am, occasional gusts but nothing to cause you to “take your life in your hands”!

Well it wasn’t me, but I have cycled past the cops before, and using the wind speed tracker on the FRB website saw it has registered gusts over 55mph and it was pretty hairy, so God knows what it was like today.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

BoardinBob wrote:

Probably aracer…

Too many wheels for me 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist on closed Forth Road Bridge on news’ is closed to new replies.