• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cyclist – Off road Isle of Wight route – Anyone got a GPX?
  • burko73

Hi

The recent Cyclist Off rd mag has a nice route on the Isle of Wight. It is a bit long for a one layer for me but I thought the route might be nice as inspiration for a couple of rides on different days at some point or an overnighter next spring.

They signpost to the gpx file but it’s on Komoot and I don’t have the relevant Komoot tile/ region. I generally use OS Maps app and Garmin Edge and don’t need another route finding system.

Does anyone have a gpx file that I can save to my Garmin for the route?

chriscubed

Not that, but Mountain Biking UK mag has some good IOW routes published for free on the Viewranger app (sorry – you said you didnt need another app) I did parts of them last time I was over there.

ajantom

No gpx, but if you go to the IoW then make sure to spend a bit of time in Brighstone Forest.
    Some very nice trails in the woods.

whitestone
    Free Member

Apparently (from someone who lives on the Isle) that route uses a popular path that isn’t even a ROW, assuming it’s this one:

isle of wight

burko73

I know Brighstone Forest having worked on the IOW for a while. I’m after more of a sedate wheels on the ground gravel experience, hence the round the island route looked nice.

I could prob work it out on OS maps. Be great if someone does have it.

Tim
    Free Member

I’m on the island. Drop me a message about which ferry and what you want to do

Tim
    Free Member

Whitestone – yeah thats possibly a bit cheeky, but I ain’t telling 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist – Off road Isle of Wight route – Anyone got a GPX?’ is closed to new replies.