Cyclist knocked off in Leeds this morning :(

Home Forum Bike Forum Cyclist knocked off in Leeds this morning :(

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cyclist knocked off in Leeds this morning :(
  • Saw a cyclist being wheeled into an ambulance on my ride to work this morning, mangled bike at the side of the road 🙁

Whoever he/she is, hope for a speedy recovery. Do hope everyone here who commutes by bike was safe today.

russianbob

Whereabouts was this?

crankboy

Where abouts was this . And it was not me (if wife is reading)

hjghg5

It wasn’t me either, although I haven’t heard from my OH today. That’s not unusual to be fair, but would be nice to rule him out!

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

not me, i rode on the pavement all the way. the a61 in from rothwell seems less appealing every year older i get.

Dylan08

A speedy recovery wished to him! (empathy from my end as was clipped by a motorist who was on the wrong side of the road on my evening commute a couple of weeks asa)

Stay safe!

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

Not me either, I was lazy this morning and drove!

I would like to know where it was though, can’t find anything on the bbc about it yet.

hope they’re ok though.

edlong

Not me, off the road thanks to a failed thief who mangled my bike trying to use it a lever to bust the lock last week, posts like this reminds me that it’s not the worst bike related thing that could have happened to me.

Get well soon, rider

MRanger156

If its the same one that I saw on my ride to work it was on the corner of harrogate road where Chapel Allerton meets Chapel Town.

I saw the cyclist face down and not moving, did not look good. The police were there at the time but no ambulance. Hope they are ok.

crankboy

almost on my route in I join chapetown rd from the st martins 50 meters down from there . That’s not normally a bad junction on a bike.

toxicsoks

Not me, either but I sometimes take that route. Speedy recovery to whoever it was.

mrchrispy

I had 4 attempts on my well being in the first mile this morning, it was crazy this morning. best wishes to the fallen cyclist and a may a swarm of drunken wasps setup home in the drivers back passage!

Ton, I ride on the A61 towards Rothwell, so we may well pass on opposite sides of the road in the mornings!

If its the same one that I saw on my ride to work it was on the corner of harrogate road where Chapel Allerton meets Chapel Town.

I saw the cyclist face down and not moving, did not look good. The police were there at the time but no ambulance. Hope they are ok.

Yep, was that one I saw. The cyclist had been put on a stretcher and was being wheeled to the ambulance. I join there from St George’s Ave. It’s not the first time I’ve seen a cyclist knocked off at that junction either, I saw a pretty bad accident there last year too. That one happened when a cyclist was trying to turn right and the driver clipped his wheel.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist knocked off in Leeds this morning :(’ is closed to new replies.