Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cyclist down just outside my workplace.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Bugger a woman has just fallen from her bike on the roundabout just out side the Office. Eye witness said a the woman was going straight on while a van went around her and turned left, van didnt make contact but so unerved her that she fell off. She seemed in a bit of a bad way. Amazingly enough a driver demanded to be let through past her as she was on the floor waiting for an ambulance. I am late he shouted as he tried to push past the people treating her, it was only when one of the lads from the builders yard threatened to drag him out of his car and batter him that he found another route. Hope she is ok.

D0NK

damn, hope she’s ok.

Presume the van driver is nowhere to be seen? What happens in cases like this? If a van cut up another car, for eg. on a motorway and the car swerved to avoid resulting in an accident I guess the van driver could be held responsible? Does the same apply to none initial contact car/bike accidents*?

*ignoring the pro car anti bike bias most court cases seem to display

glupton1976
    Free Member

London?

amedias
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for her, another reminder that you don’t even need to have contact to cause an accident 🙁

Wish I could say I was surprised about the chap trying to get past but had the exact same thing a few months ago while I was sitting with a chap trying to keep him conscious while we waited for an ambulance to arrive after he had been knocked off

amedias
    Free Member

Stupid double post

binners

Hope she’s ok. I had the same myself. Again a white van man. He pulled out on me. I decked the bike pretty bloody hard, in order to avoid riding straight in to the front of him. As I lay there in a crumpled bleeding heap in the middle of the road, I was clearly now inconveniencing him by being in his way, so he drove down the pavement to get round me

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. White van men = ****s!!!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It was only when one of the lads from the builders yard threatened to drag him out of his car and batter him that he found another route

Sounds like at least an element of common sense prevailed there, thankfully.

Pigface
    Free Member

London?

No rural Dorset, will find out what happened to the woman and let people know.

jamiea
    Free Member

Hope she’s OK.

Amazingly enough a driver demanded to be let through past her as she was on the floor waiting for an ambulance

I had that when I was laying in the road with a broken leg being attended to by a couple of kind folk. I nearly attempted to get up and lamp the bitch.

Cheers,
    Jamie

edward2000
    Free Member

Donk – my guess is that it the charge may be ‘driving without due care and attention’, or ‘causing serious injury by dangerous driving’, or ‘causing death by dangerous driving’ etc.

Not a legal expert though, just a guess.

project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmiSF5v_Qk[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHprmh1flCw&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_kaz1vhOldrsr4Gw_N5GDQ[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQC5wzXLg4A&list=UU_kaz1vhOldrsr4Gw_N5GDQ[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWDtVAi5Mac&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_kaz1vhOldrsr4Gw_N5GDQ[/video]

Strangely all on the same stretch of road all at different times

asterix
    Free Member

I think they saw you – they just believe instinctively that any car/van/lorry should always overtake any bicycle – its just logic init?

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I was resuscitating someone in a gym at the sports centre I worked at back in 2003. Gym was busy with about 60 users, believe it or not but some people were stepping over the poor chap to use equipment, we felt like we were in their way. When more staff arrived we closed the gym.

People are weird, the older I get the more nothing surprises me. People are so caught up in their own importance they really don’t see the bigger picture.

Clong
    Free Member

Not much to do with the original post, but with regard to the lack of empathy people display. Wife used to work for HSBC as a product development manager and was there when it all kicked off at the world trade centre. When the planes first struck, the phones went ballistic with people trying to sell shares etc. But when the towers fell, the amount of abuse my wife received because she couldn’t process their requests was unbelievable.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist down just outside my workplace.’ is closed to new replies.