Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cycling's ace.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Just got back from a 2,5hr ride. Wonderful sunshine, 900m of climbing and fast descents.
    I love it, now I’m set for the rest of the day with a big grin.
    Cycling’s ace.
    What riding you done today?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Non yet but looking forward to an evening ride tonight, just hope it stays dry!

Junkyard
    Free Member

1/4 mile school run with the kids. No other cyclists to be seen. At least the parents have stopped objecting to us being on the road 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

At least the parents have stopped objecting to us being on the road

Seriously? I can’t wait to be back in the civilised UK…

seven
    Free Member

14 miles on the road bike into work this morning. Around eccup and then on the newly created cycle path from alwoodley to town centre. It’s so little used that I never see another cyclist and can go at a fair pace with out worrying about traffic 🙂

sets the day up well.

rucknar
    Free Member

@Sevem Where abouts is that path? I cycle near there a lot but didnt know about it?

stumpy01

No riding today, but doing the 10hr summer enduro at Thetford tomorrow as a pair.

Just been out to stock up on supplies…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

DS I trust there were no noobie roadies, or fatties on BSOs chasing you to ruin your day?

Good news.

molgrips
    Free Member

Rode to work in the pouring rain, 28km. However I felt fantastic and rode really well – power was very much improved. So not bad 🙂

Tabata rules.

Don – still in Espana then?

headfirst
    Free Member

Cycling’s ace.

You called? 8)

woody2000

Daily(ish!) commute ~8.5 miles each way

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/40556222

donsimon
    Free Member

Yep. Still in Spain Molly, waiting for the car to come back from the garage depending on how close that is to next weekend I might hang around to take some pics of the Campeonato de Espana MTB. Then it’s UK bound.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lovely ride in to work this morning, crisp clean air washed clean by the sprinkling rain.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you a gentleman of leisure then? I’m jealous. Going to join up with some STWers for a celebration of repatriation ride?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Indeed! Day off today, had plans to go Penmachno or Llandegla with a mate but it’s pishing down 🙁 Roadride later maybe..

donsimon
    Free Member

At the moment a gentleman of leisure, but a bit lost without the car, so riding is the order of the day. I also need to get the tan up to an agreeable level. Yes, i’ll be hooking up with a couple from here, riding I don’t know as the Eurolycra is frowned upon in Blighty…

Dancake
    Free Member

did some cycling in the mud for a few hours in the Forest of Dean.

It was nailing it down with rain for a lot of it, and I was swearing at roots a lot but had a lot of fun.

really chuffed as well as I had my first Wild boar encounter. It was standing in the trail about half-way along the fodca trail and only ran off at the last minute. Big beasts up close – awesome 🙂

here’s a pic for no good reason (not of the boar, I’m afraid

IMAG0323 by Dancake2010, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

Where are you settling then? Didn’t you mention North Wales at one point?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I nipped into town at lunch without a waterproof. Within seconds of setting off, there was a torrential downpour and hailstones. Would have been drier going for a swim!

Back in the office with freezing legs, bbrrrr.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think full circle is called for and I’ll be heading towards Wrecsam. For no other reason than I know/knew it, and it’s pretty central for the UK, the business will eventually determine where I settle and I aim to be back here in 2-5 years.
    How long have you got left in Germany?

cynic-al
    Free Member

DGOAB now you’ve posted that, I reckon the 500 stw’rs thinking of your cold thighs ought to be warming them up by telekinesis…

whytetrash

Drizzly then wet 2hrs 30 miles 2500ft on road bike round Clwyds with VC Melyd Friday slackers

Sat on a milk lorry from Llandyrnog lights… must have been well into 40s (MPH)for a mile or so buzzing now 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Don – 3 weeks 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

No riding today as it’s been pissing it down pretty much non stop and I cba with that! Off t’gym in a bit and should be riding a few days next week as it’s meant to be dry 🙂

seven
    Free Member

@Superted

sorry for late reply, but here is a google map of the path

http://ur1.ca/411qe

enjoy

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cycling's ace.’ is closed to new replies.