Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cycling wife beater
  • onandon
    Free Member

Venturing into the unknown area of sleeveless road jerseys.
    So what’s good? Castelli and assos look ok but any users on here ?

I know they look stupid but this is purely for practical reasons.

TiRed

Nothing. Unless you plan on running afterwards. It’s just not done. In fact there is a BC rule that jerseys MUST have sleeves!

Castelli wife beater string underlayer is without doubt the best garment of its type. Wore mine for three hrs this AM. But sleeves, please.

And I did break the rule once. Turned up at Hillingdon with no jersey but club gilet. Raced two races with bare arms and a windproof sleeveless gilet. The shame. I believe all photos were deleted!

SaxonRider

I really, really hate that slang name for those tops. 😡

beej

What are the practical reasons for a sleeveless jersey?

You can get super-thin/light with sleeves.

TooTall
    Free Member

They are for triathletes and those sort of chaps who need their tanning time. Obviously, both groups should be avoided at all costs.
    You don’t want to appear as if you are one of ‘them’ do you?

nealglover
    Free Member

I know they look stupid but this is purely for practical reasons.

Are you an arm model?

lunge

Decathlon do one, I tried it on and realised that you need good arms to pull it off, I have pipe cleaners for arms and so turned it down.

bigblackshed

CLUB RIDE BILLY BOB

FOSKA

Both will upset the roadies. Crack on.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Castelli wife beater string underlayer is without doubt the best garment of its type. Wore mine for three hrs this AM. But sleeves, please.

Agree. Had mine for years. Amazing piece of kit.

What are the practical reasons for a sleeveless jersey?

While working as a guide in very hot places they were fantastic, especially when combined with a full zip. I even de-sleeved a few tops.

For the UK? Well, for the one day of the year it hits 30 then maybe…

onandon
    Free Member

I don’t live in England and where I am is 25+ most days right now. Yes I have light weight jerseys but also getting savage tan lines so want try try a sleeveless – also doing 50+ miles a day so addition tops are needed.

Also, couldn’t give a toss what the roadie code says

keithr
    Free Member

Yes I have light weight jerseys but also getting savage tan lines so want try try a sleeveless

It’ll just move the tan line further up!

😉

ads678

I quite like riding in a vest it’s nice getting air to the pits, and couldn’t give a toss about BC rules as I don’t race.

I don’t own any cycling specific ones though, so can’t help the OP.

wilburt
    Free Member

Dear god every time I hear this sentiment it evidences some humans are chimps and Adolf may have had a point.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Normal jersey and sun cream?

Pyro

Dear god every time I hear this sentiment it evidences some humans are chimps and Adolf may have had a point.

Godwin is smirking in his grave…

andyrm
    Free Member

Ideal. Anything that unsettles those uptight freaks who actually believe in bullshit like The Rules is a step in the right direction.

eulach

The thing about the rules is that although they were written tongue in cheek, they actually make sense. Mostly.

bigblackshed

**** me, there are some miserable bastards on this forum.

I think I’m going to have to add those winking picture things to try to convey a sense of tongue-in-cheek to the humourless misery grouches.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Can of Stella in the bottle cage booommm.

Tennent’s Super/Special Brew/Buckie if north of the border. Sort them nonces yeah.

TiRed

I’ll refer to it as my Castelli Nesbitt. Wore it again for three hrs this morning (after a wash, of course).

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I don’t live in England and where I am is 25+ most days right now. Yes I have light weight jerseys but also getting savage tan lines so want try try a sleeveless – also doing 50+ miles a day so addition tops are needed.

Do it. 😀

Actually, seriously, it makes a lot of sense to me. Do it!

I’ll refer to it as my Castelli Nesbitt. Wore it again for three hrs this morning (after a wash, of course).

😆

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve seen some pro riders (usually French) in the area who wear cut-off team jerseys in properly (30+) hot weather. But their advantage is that they are professionals and although it still looks “funny” it’s hard to argue with someone who goes uphill as fast as I go downhill.

hammerite
    Free Member

I think you’re mainly looking at tri style tops. Check out 2XU, Pearl Izumi, Orca and Sugoi.
    A peruse on Sportpursuit might see you right, they have right mix of stuff on there.

aracer
    Free Member

Oxymoron

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cycling wife beater’ is closed to new replies.