Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Cycling ‘wallet’ – something up from a zip lock bag
  • Rustychain
    Free Member

I’m looking for a ‘wallet’ to carry my phone, cards and cash when road riding – something that’ll slip into a jersey pocket. Ideally waterproof to protect the phone and maybe some padding in case I drop it.

I’m not bothered about looking cool or it being branded. Function over form all day long for me.

The Fickaskap looks interesting – http://fickaskap.com/product/waterproof-phone-valuables-wallet/

Would welcome suggestions/recommendations. Phone size is ~ 15 cm x 8 cm. Thx.

MoreCashThanDash

Velopac.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fatmax

I’ve got the Stolen Goat one and really like it

GHill

I’ve got a Rapha essentials case, mainly because I liked the colour.

Yak

Velopac. Like the rapha one but with a bit of padding, more colour options and cheaper. Slightly bigger too.

MSP

Bellroy maap cycle wallet (if you want to treat yourself).

https://maap.cc/eu/collections/wallets

lunge

Rapha seems like a few steps up from a ziplock back so I’ll suggest what I use.

Clear, plastic pencil case, as recommended to me on here years ago.
    Perfect size for a phone and a few small bits, dirt cheap and vaguely waterproof.

May lack the cred of a Rapha case mind you.

IHN

Pencil case

40mpg

I have one from Beerbabe made from recycled inner tube, and its perfect for sticking in a roadie jersey pocket.

Recycling stuff, supporting local trade and a mountain biker, and she can tailor them to suit your phone size too. Whats not to like?

Beerbabe

ps I’ve got the troll phone case which has a Velcro flap closure for phone, and a zipped pouch for coins / door key. Nice and basic and perfect for a ride.

crispedwheel
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I use a miles wide industries sticky pod.

Sticky Pod small

footflaps

Rapha case is excellent, they do two sizes in case you have a larger phone…

johnnystorm

Rapha one is good, use it everyday, not just on the bike. I had the reflective one which was great for finding it in your bag at night. Have upgraded to the waterproof one now.

tiim
    Free Member

I have the velopac, its a useful size and shape, fits a moto g8 cash etc. but not waterproof.
    I’m looking for basically this again, but waterproof, if the Rapha one actually waterproof?

cheers_drive

We do a nice simple one that also has a little padding. Stolen Goat do a similar one if you’d rather have a colourful one.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-LYx9lvXZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    The seams aren’t waterproof though, but unless you’re going swimming that shouldn’t be an issue.

jimdubleyou

+1 on the Lezyne Caddy-M

It’s the right size for a passport too.

MoreCashThanDash

My Velopac has never leaked in rain

IvanMTB
    Free Member

I have one from Beerbabe made from recycled inner tube,

+1 for Beerbabe. Loving my phonehugger 🙂

Cheers!
    I.

ayjaydoubleyou

In true not answering the question style:

My not at all up to date phone is waterproof to 1m* and can make contactless payments.
    It’s all I would take.

*I have accidentally left it in a bucket of water for half an hour, no issue whatsoever.

drnosh
    Free Member

Rapha essentials* here.

Phone, card and Nooze reading glasses (https://www.nooz-optics.com/gb/en-gb/product/reading/original/oval?color=navy)

*Bought in Santa Monica shop. Will always remember that trip!

dove1

Muc Off rain proof essentials case?
    I have the non-waterproof version and it is just big enough to hold an iPhone 8Plus.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

+1 for the Muc-off case

Rustychain
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses – some there that I wasn’t aware of.

Will do some homework on the suggestions tonight! 👍

onewheelgood

The Fickaskap looks interesting – http://fickaskap.com/product/waterproof-phone-valuables-wallet/

This what you should buy because I know Neil and Adrian and they are top blokes.

lucky13
    Free Member

I think the WeeCog phone case is great. Not waterproof, but that’s never been a problem – and my phone isn’t waterproof rated. The pocket holds cards/notes. I wouldn’t put keys or coins in a case with the phone anyway as they could scratch it up.

https://www.weecog.co.uk/collections/on-the-body/products/grip

There is 10% off for ST subscribers in the partners section.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Another velopac user here, went for the lucky dip and got a lovely one. It kept my phone and wallet dry throughout 4 days of torrential rain doing the king alfreds way in October. Love it

matt_outandabout

Google Pay and a £10 stuck in the back of my phone case here. Plus waterproof phone.

dovebiker

I have the MucOff one – not totally waterproof, but just the right size for back pocket and the stuff I take on a ride.

Avoid the Silca phone wallet – I ordered one but it was so poorly made it went back – the phone sleeve was in the wrong place that you couldn’t zip it closed and the ‘sticky’ PU material of the sleeve made it very difficult to insert/remove your phone for a photo.

tenfoot

I have a Fickaskap wallet and it’s great. Had no water issues and you can use the phone’s screen whilst it’s still in the wallet.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Cycling ‘wallet’ – something up from a zip lock bag’ is closed to new replies.